Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I don't normally follow the Sniper Forum except when they show up on the weekly 'Highlighted Posts', so I'm sorry if I sound a little naïve on the subject of German Snipers. I was watching this auction on GB for kicks because of what I thought was a very high asking bid of $5,000 on the last time it was offered. There were no bids, so it was relisted at $4,000. It sat for most of that auction, unbid til 3 hrs. prior to the end of the auction by an 'NR' bidder, who ended up as the 'winner' of the auction.

My questions are in your opinion was the asking price reasonable for that sniper, was that genuine or a parts gun, and we all know some bidders, especially new ones do bite on expensive rifles, but we also know sometimes there are planted bidders to drive bidding. I don't know the person who auctioned this sniper, nor do I own or bid on snipers, so I have no opinion, only questions. Thank you in advance, r.e.morris

·
Registered
363 Posts
Oh dear... I thought the title was just incorrect on the scope, didn't realize someone tried adding two mount systems to that poor rifle. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why I stick with what I know and not bite on rifles that are highly prized, but often faked, ie Snipers. Love to own one, but hate to be screwed. The closest I've own as a Sniper was a HK 93 w/a scope mounted and I'm sure that isn't a factory scope.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,719 Posts
Yeah, quick check of couple books (Karem/Steves & others) will show byf never made LSR Snipers and Gustloff & JP Sauer didn't start until late "43 (Rare) or '44. Shame someone ruined a Zf41 rifle. Probably unsellable at this point.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
We recently had an interview with a very knowledgeable K98k collector and I hope to put video out which would help people to avoid being scammed by fakers...
I'm editing it now - video should be available this week.
ps. Matt - I need more pictures, lol!

Musician Shorts Wood Hat Music

Tripod Videographer Documentary Cameras & optics Film crew

·
Registered
961 Posts
We recently had an interview with a very knowledgeable K98k collector and I hope to put video out which would help people to avoid being scammed by fakers...
I'm editing it now - video should be available this week.
ps. Matt - I need more pictures, lol!

View attachment 3885749

View attachment 3885750
Dude! What’s up with the 3 snipers within an armsgrip? Were the planets aligned?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts