Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI

1 year ago when my grandfather died , i opened his wardrobe and Oh my god i found his ALL matching Byf 41[same year the germans invaded Greece] except for the bolt which was replaced with a straight one [dont know the exact history] . Being a noob . i was looking in the original allmost black ,aged stock and i thought that i had to sand it! , i was warned by many that i will regret it , but i continued on my foolish idea . the time has come ,i have regretted it and cant stop cursing myself.

now i luckily have found an all matching waA 655 bolt ,and im wondering if there is a way to bring back the stock....[except for waiting 50 years].

here is the beautiful untouched rifle..

before..

After...

pls help me i want to suicide.[not so much but bad]

thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you all for your replies , the fact is that im satisfied with the result allthough i now like the old more.. it was my first attempt on a firearm !

yes the serial matches the receiver.

can you suggest a way to darken a bit the wood ??

it has 4 coats of Tung oil.

a stain????

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the wood was not stained!

that rifle passed from the hands of a german soldier to the hands of my grandfather!!

maybe the original bolt was broken i dont really know about it.....

i dont understand what you mean '' on the islands''

dont tell that you think im from Hawaii ...lol

its just a Nickname ,i live in Greece....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
as i was checking my grandfathers ammo crate , i ve found a round that is different than the ordinary have [dont know what they are,probably greek ,brass with silver tip ,no markings]

that round had some markings as , S* , P 131 [i think ] and a number 18 or 28 or 38 i cant remember.

does anyone know what is it ???

thanx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its ok ill leave it as it is.

It has a good bore with strong rifling, i think that it hasnt fired many many rounds.

i have only shot 20 rounds on a target at 100m the grouping is arround 3 inches standing

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
thank you all for your responses....

i have made my mind ,i think more positive now ,i now feel a lot better than those previous days..

the rifle is going to stay as it is...

and i WILL ENJOY IT!

[those 10 rounds i fired today were pretty amazing] I enjoy it.

THANK you all again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
the metal had only dust and some dirt.. i ve cleaned it using alcohol again and again.

Its the flash on the first photo that makes that much of a difference...

Thank god i was too scared and didnt try to reblue it .....THANK GOD

sometimes knowledge isnt so good, its FAKE knowledge

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.