Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was requested to make this thread; on the similar lines of the past PU and m39 sharing threads. Thought it was a great idea; and gave me an excuse to take my loan (one of the 3 listed on this thread) (a m27) and shoot some pictures of it.

So i shall start.

A 1928 Tikka Barreled M27, winged bolt and receiver; early first pattern configuration.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Beautiful rifles!

Spax, sometimes I just want to send you a few of my rifles so you can take photos of them lol. Very nice!

Here is my 1938 M28/30 I restored recently. From the Raasepori CG district.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
M27 early features, matching bolt and winged conenctors. I am not sure about the original finnish on the M27 but it looks like there was some original shellac that has been worn off of it.
looks correct to me.. and near identical to my finish on my m27

Beautiful rifles!

Spax, sometimes I just want to send you a few of my rifles so you can take photos of them lol. Very nice!

Here is my 1938 M28/30 I restored recently. From the Raasepori CG district.

View attachment 797386 View attachment 797387
Thank you; you sure have a beautiful m28/30

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Love the stock on that M27 Spax! Lots of character, awesome! I have a couple relevant junkers to display I guess.

This one has a nice sling on it, but someone sometime sanded the stock. I guess mostly M28. Bore is a bit rough, and has a good counterbore. Don't think I ever shot this one.

And the M27 with unmolested metal, and a rear barrel band and screw and about 3 inches of a handguard (not pictured). Good shooter though. Solid bore. Bubba chopped the stock though, sadly. Still need a handguard and a popsicle style front nose cap for the cracked M27 stock I do have to make it at least look the part.

·
Registered
17,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's been hitting a lot of threads lately. I just rate it as 5 stars as others do and it goes up quick, stupid waste of time just to be a jerk.
exactly my thoughts

Back on topic - our m27s stocks i do not believe they are shellac or were; but they have an unusual texture and look to them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Here's my Tikka M28 with matching bolt, buttplate, and handguard. I shared it in a thread earlier this month so if anyone wants more pics the thread shouldn't be too far back. I'm hoping to find a bayonet for it locally for cheap. I came across my M39 bayonet for $200 a few months ago and I'm really hoping I'll get lucky again haha

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.