Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Topic: Rate your experience with seller or buyer
Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 9:34pm
Rate your experience with a seller or buyer here. This is meant for those that buy and sell on this particular (Japanese) site or for those who frequent this site as a poster but who may not explicitly place an add on this site but who may buy and sell with other Japanese collectors who are frequent posters here:
A few rules:
1. Rate your PERSONAL experience only! If your buddy was ripped on a deal or you heard about it at a show, don't include your comments here!
2. Don't go into a prolonged rant mode...paragraph after paragraph of the same rant. Keep your comments fairly short.

I'll see how this goes. If it doesn't work out or if the gunboards owner doesn't like it being here, I may change it. Thanks for your support!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Posts from the old boards

FixBayonets
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

USA
695 Posts
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 09:29:36 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - DOUGLAS I. KERLEY. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE WHAT YOU PAY HIM FOR OR WHAT YOU TRADE HIM FOR IN A TIMELY MANNOR.
HE WILL MAKE YOU WAIT MONTHS OR MORE, AND ONLY WITH CONSTANT BADGERING. HE IS NOT A RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL. I ADVISE FACE TO FACE DEALS ONLY, OR HAVE HIM SEND YOU HIS PART OF THE DEAL FIRST.
ROBERT DELUCA

SEE THREADS ON JAPANESE FORUM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges."

jarjarbinks11
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 12:05:43 PM

i just wanted to say that 03man is a really really great guy to deal with. all of my transactions have been dealt with smoothly and quickly.....plus he really knows his stuff! highly recommend this guy!

[email protected]

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 09/02/2005 : 12:07:04 PM

another great guy to deal with on these boards is WHLQ (Wade). he is really great at getting payment there on time and he is a pleasure to deal with. glad to have him and 03man in the collector community!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

pacific-war44

USA
1661 Posts
Posted - 09/03/2005 : 10:53:17 AM

As his reputation has suggested in the past here and elsewhere,Dan Larkin( Rampage19 ) is primo to deal with,rapid and profesional response to WTS add,and quick proper pay.Thanks again Dan! Scott. My hats also off to Rick Veal for my many fine transactions with that gentleman,looking forewad to more. Scott

Edited by - pacific-war44 on 09/03/2005 11:05:38 AM

Navybuff

USA
634 Posts
Posted - 09/03/2005 : 1:10:12 PM

I have dealt with Rick Veal many times and have been very happy.

Kevin

davef

USA
3225 Posts
Posted - 09/08/2005 : 3:41:39 PM

Got a series 40 from Seinen, gun was as described,communication and shipping were excellent.excellent transaction for a nice item at a very nice price...Dave

"war doesnt decide who is right,war decides who is left"
I can always make more money,they arent making any more arisaka's!!!
email: [email protected]

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 09/14/2005 : 12:51:31 PM

Stan Zielinski is a great guy to work with. Picked up a rare stock from him and it's perfect!

Mike

http://fingolfen.blogspot.com

arisakadogs

USA
5214 Posts
Posted - 10/01/2005 : 7:13:49 PM

Just got a fantastic T-99 leather sling from gwsiii. Great communications & fast shipping. It was the most I've yet paid for a sling, but I'm very glad to own it! Thanks Trey!

Tadami Noi and "Army Dog" Igua Feb. 11th 1940

Edokko

USA
2271 Posts
Posted - 10/08/2005 : 9:29:31 PM

Rick Veal is an excellent person to deal with. Absolute straight-shooter with his WTS item and turns out to be better than anticipated. Quick action on shipping, trustworthy "return-if-not-satisfied" offer, and all in all a most pleasant person to deal and converse with.

Edokko

USA
2271 Posts
Posted - 10/08/2005 : 9:42:50 PM

Jimsgunshop unfortunately not a straightshooter. Advertises a T-10 flaregun and I am the first responder but reply was a "i was offered $500 but im not sure that's a fair offer". Strange reply to a response against a WTS ad, so asks him if he want's to sell the item or not, and reply is "it still for sale $500 is my best offer so far let me know", I offer a price just above this "offer he got from somewhere", and final reponse is "ive d ecided to list this on gunbroker.com it should list in a about 3-4 das if your intertesred i would sign up on that site as a buyer".
So I end up with a total waste of time communicating with jimsgunshop in addition to the insult of having him suggest me to sign up for an auction and do better there. Either too much second thoughts with this guy or he is just trying to fish for best offers. Should not be placing WTS ads on this board. Unrecommendable.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More posts from the old boards

davef

USA
3225 Posts
Posted - 11/12/2005 : 1:24:29 PM

Sold a series 7 to MAG ,he sent payment and paperwork right away ,excellent buyer. Hopefully he is happy with the gun he recieves.

gtbehary

USA
610 Posts
Posted - 11/29/2005 : 5:09:58 PM

Rick Veal is the man!!!! Nice guy too! Multiple transactions and trades!

gtb

gtbehary

USA
610 Posts
Posted - 11/29/2005 : 5:10:53 PM

Arisakadogs is a top rate trader/buyer/seller and collector!

gtb

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 12/08/2005 : 12:09:47 AM

lowrdrbird is a great guy to deal with! he pays on time and is just a down to earth real nice guy. pleasure doing business with you!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 12/08/2005 : 12:10:41 AM

BIG ED is a great guy to deal with as well. he really went out of his way to make it possible for me to own my very first Type 2 paratrooper. Kuddos to you sir!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

BIG ED

USA
1001 Posts
Posted - 12/10/2005 : 6:49:20 PM

I'm glad I could help Jarrod get the T-2. It was in quite magnificent condition. He paid promply and I shipped accordingly. Thanks to you Jarrod for a job well done.

Mike

USA
617 Posts
Posted - 01/07/2006 : 6:24:50 PM

Just did a small transaction with Gun Ho.

A+ by me.

Mike

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2006 : 10:09:40 PM

BIG ED got me some much needed parts in a timely manner - great to deal with! A+ transaction with a stand up contributor!

Mike

Lowrdrbird
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
368 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2006 : 10:26:26 PM

JARJAR is a great seller and i would deal with him anytime thanks again Jarod

Ken

"Keeping the History Alive" Going to schools and teaching our kids what our guys and gals did and went thru during world war 2.
Remember This
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read it in English,
Thank a Vet

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 01/14/2006 : 08:17:00 AM

just had a great transaction with Yukon75. hes a great guy to deal with and im very pleased with the cleaning rod!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 01/19/2006 : 7:10:18 PM

Just received a receiver and bitz from jarjarbinks11 - arrived in great shape - packaged well - awesome guy to work with!

Mike

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 01/20/2006 : 5:53:03 PM

another great deal with 03man! an outstanding mukden T-38 is now mine. hopefully i can get it out to the range sometime soon! look for it at my upcoming display show in feb. in York PA. thanks again Don!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 01/20/2006 : 5:54:34 PM

Fingolfen is a super outstanding fellow to deal with! he paid promptly and is a pleasure dealing with! i highly recommend him! good luck with the restoration Mike.

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 01/27/2006 : 01:39:08 AM

Bought a stock from rpf2697 - great transaction from a stand up guy! Thanks!

Mike

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 02/01/2006 : 5:28:37 PM

Bought a CC rifle from David G. - absolutely perfect transaction!

Mike

roostonu
Gunboards Member

USA
28 Posts
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 2:42:25 PM

Sold my T-14 to Weimar_police. Very fast transaction. Even offered to reimburse me for unexpected shipping costs. Great communication with no delay in e-mail Q&A. Man of his word.

weimar_police

USA
403 Posts
Posted - 02/10/2006 : 4:20:42 PM

Roostonu, was quick to ship and friendly in e-mails; you can't beat that.

Ed

Edited by - weimar_police on 02/10/2006 4:22:51 PM

weimar_police

USA
403 Posts
Posted - 02/10/2006 : 4:21:56 PM

bought some 8mm Nambu rounds from gtbehary, and I was amazed how quick they arrived.

Ed

gtbehary

USA
610 Posts
Posted - 02/10/2006 : 4:54:45 PM

I want to thank, arisakadogs, pacific-war44 and weimar_police for the excellent transactions with my 8mm Nambu ammo

gtb

Lowrdrbird

USA
368 Posts
Posted - 02/21/2006 : 2:52:31 PM

O3MAN is a great seller got the barrels today, now i just have to figure out how to take the others off :)
THANKS
Ken

"Keeping the History Alive" Going to schools and teaching our kids what our guys and gals did and went thru during world war 2.
Remember This
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read it in English,
Thank a Vet

·
Silver Bullet member
15,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More posts two from the old boards

Mike Rockhill

USA
550 Posts
Posted - 02/27/2006 : 5:30:51 PM

Bought a jinsen 99 from David G. and he is great to deal with. I sent $$ and had a kick ass rifle in my hands in under a week, Great pictures, accurate discription.

I'm broke, and I blame Imperial Japan

rpf2697

USA
1074 Posts
Posted - 03/04/2006 : 8:45:15 PM

I bought a T-94 from Kent, aka "borntocollect" and it was just as described and shipped promptly.. good price and honest guy.

davef

USA
3225 Posts
Posted - 03/11/2006 : 12:50:55 PM

Sold a Howa to fingolfen, payment and paperwork right away,good communication, top notch fellow to deal with.

Mike Rockhill

USA
550 Posts
Posted - 03/13/2006 : 9:21:06 PM

Bought 2 Type I action screws from longshot02, and I got a perfect transaction, and great items at an excellent price. do not hesitate to do buisness with him

Mike Rockhill

USA
550 Posts
Posted - 03/21/2006 : 6:25:21 PM

Received type 44 2nd var. from jarjarbinks11, it is awesome, a great rifle at a great price. description was spot on. thanks alot Jarrod

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 03/28/2006 : 11:46:40 PM

Got a 5th Series 38 Carbine from pacific-war44 - absolutely exceeded expectations! Hope to buy more stuff later!

Mike

pacific-war44

USA
1661 Posts
Posted - 03/31/2006 : 01:16:37 AM

Glad you liked it Mike,mummed matchers are a treat,I know I like em,carbys and all,and thanks for the equally trouble-free transaction,guys like you beat the heck outta dealing on the auction sites! Scott

davef

USA
3225 Posts
Posted - 04/12/2006 : 7:35:21 PM

Sold a ITEM to Mike Rockhill...everything went smooth as expected, payment and paperwork right away, excellent communication ...excellent buyer and all around fine fella.

Mike

USA
617 Posts
Posted - 04/29/2006 : 3:10:20 PM

Late with this-Good experiences recently with Pacific-War44 and Rick Veal. Thanks fellers.
I have yet to have a bad experience with anyone here.

Mike

fingolfen

USA
972 Posts
Posted - 05/15/2006 : 12:17:58 PM

Sold a Type 44 to 03man - another great transaction!

Mike

jarjarbinks11

USA
1702 Posts
Posted - 07/23/2006 : 3:26:55 PM

traded a siam marked enfield with shannon! what and outstainding transaction! thanks very much!

[email protected]

Should ever be forgot...

retiredengine31a
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
109 Posts
Posted - 08/06/2006 : 8:01:23 PM

I recently had dealings with Don Cranfield (ncmtnman). A pleasure doing business with you Don. Thanks, Chuck

Charlie A

Chuck Lamb

USA
578 Posts
Posted - 08/18/2006 : 12:37:08 AM

I recently received a T-38 barreled receiver from George [gtbehary] for the price of shipping it to SD. George is a real gentleman.
Chuck.

The more I learn, the more I see that I do not know.

davef

USA
3225 Posts
Posted - 09/10/2006 : 09:34:59 AM

Sold an item to MikeP ,quick payment,all paperwork in order, excellent communication and an all around nice guy to deal with.

Cuche
Gunboards Member

20 Posts
Posted - 09/16/2006 : 6:02:57 PM

Don Voigt is good to do business with.
I ordered a replacement bolt from him, it came in that week.
Exactly what I ordered, in good condition at a good price.

Edited by - Cuche on 09/16/2006 6:03:32 PM

OldManKiller
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
142 Posts
Posted - 09/18/2006 : 11:33:29 PM

I just bought some 7.7 "snap caps" from lpspinner. They came as ordered, well packaged and very promptly. A very good comunication. Thank you lpspinner!

Bobby

Bobby
USAF 77-81
USAFRES 81-85
www.ww1remembered.org

OldManKiller
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
142 Posts
Posted - 09/19/2006 : 8:54:53 PM

I have had the pleasure of purchasing a stock and handgard from John Marklewitz (JWMWITZ. He is very helpful and was honest in his description. Communication was excellent and the piece arrived quickly, well packaged and exactly as described. Thanks John.

Bobby
USAF 77-81
USAFRES 81-85
www.ww1remembered.org

OldManKiller
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
142 Posts
Posted - 09/25/2006 : 10:48:35 PM

Don Voigt is a true gentleman and a pleasure to do business with. Thank you Don for all your help.

Bobby
USAF 77-81
USAFRES 81-85
www.ww1remembered.org

JoeWest
Gunboards Premium Member

USA
143 Posts
Posted - 09/25/2006 : 10:54:17 PM

I just completed a deal with Shannon Zeigler. Great communication,part as described,fast shipping and packaged well. You can't ask for a better transaction.

mike radford

USA
1211 Posts
Posted - 10/01/2006 : 4:09:10 PM

kfields, the moderator, is great to deal with. Excellent representation, packing and communication. Thanks Kim.

57v

C

·
0 Posts
Farmall Great to Deal With

Thank you very much for a great trading experience. Great fellow to deal with.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Another great transaction from 03man.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,476 Posts
Bought a canteen from Hopalong a few weeks ago. Great guy, he allowed a personal check for it and mailed the canteen the day he got the check. The price was great also for such and excellent canteen, Ray

·
Platinum Bullet Member
9,359 Posts
Hello, just recewived a copy of the Type 99 book from 03 Man. Excellant communications, fast shipping and a great book. Thanks again Don, I really appreciate it ;) NS

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,987 Posts
schoolbd

Just received a 33rd series T-K from schoolbd & I'm most pleased. He shipped it Priority Mail (my favorite!) in a hard case. The rifle is a beauty. Happy camper here!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
To All The People I Have Bought And Sold To On This Site Have Been Top Notch People...very Descriptive, Excellent Products And Smooth Trasactions....this Site Has A Great Bunch Of Guys Here....

Andy
Gunheep

1 - 20 of 183 Posts