Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to Ohio next week and will be about 1/2 hour away from Souther Ohio Gun. I called them and they will let me look through the K98's. I have 3 others but I am no expert on them. Is there any particular model or maker that would be best to look for? Advice from those in the know would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,131 Posts
BSW is always a good place to start.

·
Registered
63 Posts
bsw,660, good codes

·
Silver Bullet member
1,421 Posts
I hope you find a nice one. I think I'll find a reason to go to Ohio on business.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
59,773 Posts
Empire Arms has good merchandise. I have purchased a few things from them and either the item has been as described or better than described.

·
Registered
195 Posts
creepie, you mentioned that the DUV are "somewhat desirable". Mine is a 41 DUV. It's a pretty clean typical mismatch RC. Barrel and receiver match, all Wa are intact on the metal. It also has the Roman numeral-looking "X" above the S/N instead of the usual russian crossed x. I am planning on using it with one of Igor's SSR mounts and the ukrainian repro zielvier scope to build a replica sniper. From what I've read the SSR type 3 would not be too impossible to see on a 1941 rifle, and I know some of the DUVs were used to make ZF41-K98k scoped rifles from. Is there anything else about the DUVs in particular that stands out, collectability-wise? I assumed that it was a typical RC, and as such the originality issue was a moot point so it would be a good candidate for a sniper reproduction build.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bying K98 AT S.O.G.

Thank you everyone for your imput. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
195 Posts
From what I have read on this board, the DUV codes are not as plentiful as other codes. This is my reasoning behind the more "desireable code." BTW, my DUV 41 is numbered 2324.
Is yours an "a" suffix, by chance? If so, the two of them must be pretty close in manufacturing dates. :)

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
last time i was thewre i told what codes i wanted to look at and they brought them at for me to look at. great people to deal with.hope to go up that way again soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts