Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys ever got a call from a ammo seller that wanted to buy back ammo that you got from them?

·
Registered
770 Posts
No, is there something you want to tell us?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you think would be a good sell back price for 1970s and 80s Yugo 8MM?

If it was sold at $67.50 per 900 the first time it sold a few years ago.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It seems to sell quick on the sales forum when priced at 20 cents. I am sure they would want to buy wholesale if this is their business. This has never happened to me.
Tribrothers

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
It happened to me once, but it was for a good reason.

I purchased some misidentified good stuff at a gun show.

The seller who unloaded it all on me wanted to get it all back the next day.

By then it was all gone and he had to kick rocks.

·
Registered
582 Posts
1eye -
I've had the same query with different ammo. Since I had bought WAY more than I needed at the time, and only a short time had gone buy, I offered to sell it at 15% over what I bought it at, plus shipping.
They didn't bite. Their "other" customer didn't want to pay the higher price plus whatever the dealer was taking on for brokering the deal - but your mileage may vary.
Either way you cut it - it tends to paint an unfavorable picture of any more 70/80's vintage Yugo to be hitting the shelves of the distributors in the very near future. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So have any of you guys got a call yet? about selling back 8mm or for other cal ammo? like 762X54R 308 303? The company that is doing this is well know here it seems that some of you would have got calls.

And have any of you sold any back?

·
Registered
65 Posts
So have any of you guys got a call yet? about selling back 8mm or for other cal ammo? like 762X54R 308 303? The company that is doing this is well know here it seems that some of you would have got calls.

And have any of you sold any back?
Are you serious about this? I think not many people here have deep stash like yours to worth their call. Can you reveal more?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have a nice stash....but no calls yet. Had a local dealer that wanted some 50s for a customer. I sold a few. At cost.

·
Silver Bullet member
12,929 Posts
15% profit is very reasonable..... if they won't pay that, they can go find it somewhere else. i have a pretty decent stash of 223, 7.62x39,5.45, 7.62x51, 38, 357, 44, etc. and i don't believe id sell any at 15% over.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Considering that people are now selling 50's yugo at $150 a case 15% over cost on 70's and 80's yugo bought at $67 is robbery.
If your wanting to sell 70's and 80's yugo 1eye I for one would be interested in taking a couple of cases off your hands.
Looks like someone is just trying to cash in off your stash 1eye

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They gave me a good price I told them NO.If anyone is going to cash in its going to be me. And said dont call any more.

I think there are other members that have more ammo that I do. And I was wondering if they were selling some back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts