Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, after months of waiting; mailed yesterday from the Importer in Maryland.

Sig P-210-4, one of approximately 5,000 pistols ordered by the German Border Guards in the early 1950s:

Notice the discreet importer's markings!

·
Registered
491 Posts
That's very nice and the discreet import mark is nice I'm sure you'll like it. I had a danish for a long time, but I've got big hands, my finger would drag on the trigger guard and the hammer was like a woodpecker on the back of my hand, I finally had to resort to putting duct tape on the back of my hand when I shot it, eventually I decided the aggravation wasn't worth it:) I have this problem with several pistols, not just the 210.....

Frank

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,099 Posts
That's a very nice score, those are beautifully made pistols. I missed buying a Swiss issued one a few years ago. They don't show up too often so thanks for sharing your find with us.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice of them isn't it!

Wish more importers would follow MMBI's practice of low key import marks. Those are the best I've seen.
What's really nice about the markings is that with the unaided eye they are hard to see. I almost had to use the macro feature on my DSLR Nikon to get them to photograph.

I took it, my recently acquired 1916 DMW Luger, and 1st Generation Colt Delta Eite to the range yesterday. I like it!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Beautiful pistol and very nicely-done import marking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.