Gunboards Forums banner

Bullet Coding Up for Vote

905 views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Texian 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Might be interesting to see how many of the people who use firearms in the crimes actually bought the ammo for it.

Might be interesting to see how convoluted this gets as the brass is used, sold, handloaded, many times over.

#4 ·
"If the bill passes as written, all non-coded handgun ammunition whether owned privately or commercially will have to be disposed of by January 1st of 2012."

Unenforceable. But it would prevent the sale of surplus ammo. Regardless, if they think they are going to make billions of unmarked ammo and components simply go away as of 2012 they must be smokin' crack.

#7 · (Edited)
Where are all the Obama supporters who said gun owners had nothing to fear from the Democratic party? What about the Mauser/Moisin owners who said any attacks would only be against "assault weapons"?

Get it through your heads - Liberals hate all gun owners!!! They hate your Mauser 98k (you must be a secret Nazi)! They hate your hunting rifle (it's a sniper rifle that can pierce a police vest)! They hate your shotgun (far too deadly - shoots multiple bullets with one shot)! They hate your .22 ( evil as they corrupt the youth)!

Wake up!!!!! If you own a firearm - they are after you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
I find it rather strange that this bill is connected to the Obama supporters. This bill has come up before the senate several years ago; long before I voted Democrate this year. I appreciate how well the Republicans took care of business this last 8 years. I am in forclosure, out of a job, and my son was killed in Iraq.

#11 ·
Since the Supreme Court Ruling will make it impossible to outlaw all firearms the anti's will go after ammo. They have already in many places. Montgomery Co. MD tried to make it illegal to purchase ammo without a gun permit. Shot down by courts because a) County usurping authority reserved by the state and b) there is no gun registration in Md.
A micro-marking bill was introduced into the legislature. It was shot down when it was revealed that the main pro-marking witness for the hearings holds a patent on the micro-marking process. He was in cahouts with the legislators who introduced the bill. Yes folks, some will use this to make money from marking bullets and cases at the purchasers expense.

#15 ·
It would require manufacturers to engrave a unique code on the bottom of each bullet, so it can be traced.
Guess they don't know that the Striations in the bore does that already at no extra cost.

This is an obvious attempt to disarm the law abiding gun owner, especially those who use mil surp ammunition, since no surplus ammo would have this engraving, and I really don't see how it would be possible to engrave every bullet with a different code, no even a bar code. The tooling would cost hundreds of millions initial outlay and slow production to a crawl, it would put all but the major ammunition producers out of the business.
Those who cast their own bullets would be in violation, as would every cartridge collector.

Someone needs to tell these academics to put their thinking caps on. Proposing the impossible in order to acheive the unobtainable is a sign of disconnect from reality, but of course thats how the mind of the Liberalista works.

#16 ·
Someone needs to tell these academics to put their thinking caps on. Proposing the impossible in order to acheive the unobtainable is a sign of disconnect from reality, but of course thats how the mind of the Liberalista works.

Actually, proposing the impossible (if enacted) will achieve their purpose - the reduction of the availability of ammo which affects gun owners. The ammon restrictions are just a means to another end.

#18 ·
Don't you know, The Dems will slant saying doing so will create jobs. What it will do is put burden of proof on ammo owner. In essence all ammo sales are final, hence closing gunshow loophole on ammo. It will force the owner to keep a log book of ammo due to if you are broken into and ammo is stolen, you have to be able to account for every projectile. They are trying to discourage gun owners from buying ammo in bulk and burden them with record keeping to the point where they give up guns altogether. The way the bill reads is that all projectiles will be marked. Even reloads. Bill Ramsey is the bill sponsor.

#19 ·
Gee, I may have to get a custom made bullet mold to monogram my round balls.

Considering the uncontested flow of illegal drugs into this country, I don't think the criminals will have much trouble getting ammunition for their illegal weapons, either.

Look for an increase in the theft from pawn shops and military bases in Georgia. Any bets that gun store owners there will be the one's in trouble for shooting thieves? This legislation will no doubt have as much impact as prohibition and laws against drugs and abortions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.