Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my SLR-101S back from JBI Armory this week. I had sent it in for a re-barrel (as the original was messed up pretty solidly by the previous owners de-ban attempt). Some of the parts I rounded up didn't fit well or look all that good, but Jim dug through his spares and came up with the parts that worked best for the look I was after, something more original looking.

Before shot, of a stock SLR-101S (I didn't take any pictures, so credit goes elsewhere for this pic)

Complete gun, with heavy Type 3 Bulgarian barrel, NOS polish wood, original Soviet slabside mag, and still maintaining a correct US parts count...

The new barrel is much heavier than the original, giving it the correct Type 3 look.

I had considering finishing the wood for a more Soviet look, but was talked out of it. This is as close as I'll ever get to an original Type 3 gun, now I just have to get to the range to shoot it.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,858 Posts
Beautiful! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MRiddick,
I got my furniture from a guy that sells on gunbroker, under the name "Yakooza". The stuff was brand new, in the brown arsenal paper. I had to drill the holes in the butt stock, and trim it to fit in the rifle. I think he sells the upper and lower guards separately from one another.

Agreed on these rifles. Everyone I've seen had an action as smooth as glass, and felt like it was strong enough to use as a car jack. Its a shame they don't seem to come in anymore.
C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.