Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a Bulgarian or Russian AK74 style side folding stock for a project but they are hard to locate. Has anyone seen them for sale or know what they go for these days? I'm sure the Russian ones are scarcer and will bring more but what(if anything) differentiates them from one another? Thnx!

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,187 Posts
The early Bulgarian triangle stock had a straight edge and the later had a rolled edge. Minor buttstock serration differences as well.
Russian is very similar but takes a different swivel pin in the trunnion 5.5 mm vs 4.5 for Bulgy. Be sure the trunion and stock are a match.
There are some around but I cannot recall who has them in stock. Try K-Var

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Many of the "Bulgarian" AKS-74 kits sold by ORF had the Russian folders. In fact, so much so they actually had those kits separated and you could buy them.

Like most parts on beginning production runs of guns for Bulgaria...machines, engineers, and parts were all supplied by the 'Mother'.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,187 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,462 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.