Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
The text on the coat of arms reads: VChK - KGB (VChK was the original name of the outfit that, after a few reorganizations, became KGB). And it is probably their actual coat of arms. Not sure if they would be likely to advertise (even on a presentational gun), but who knows?

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Somebody with a laser engraving machine and too much time on their hands?

WHY would the KGB want to use 1989-built BULGARIANS?

As I recall, they had a lot of trouble at about that time (1989) with their country falling apart around their ears. Enough trouble for them to not have the time to worry about 'presentation grips'.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Somebody with a laser engraving machine and too much time on their hands?

WHY would the KGB want to use 1989-built BULGARIANS?

As I recall, they had a lot of trouble at about that time (1989) with their country falling apart around their ears. Enough trouble for them to not have the time to worry about 'presentation grips'.
The last thing Bulgarians would have wanted (especially around that time) was to promote KGB. And the sinister three-letter agency in question would not want that either, at any given time, unless they wanted to give it to someone as a gift (for good service, etc.), which is unlikely. But in that case the grips would have come from another / Russian PM. The engraving is good quality though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I think grips were replaced the detail/quality is not from a cheap laser machine . Anything is possible and I think more of them would have made it to the market . Just very glad to have pick up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.