Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bulgarian rifle with a nice sharp crest.
thinking about selling off my M95s
have two Budapest, one styer, one long rifle and this Bulgarian carbine.

fairly upto date on values of the others, but this other one has me a little lost.

how much more is one with a lion worth? They must be a fair bit rarer as I never see them.
maybe I just don't look in the right spots.

also difference in price for the ammo?
have about a thousand rounds I have collected, almost half are 1940 Bulgarian with the lion.
worth more or less then the german stuff on clips?

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Rifle or carbine? What year? If carbine, genuine or cut down from a rifle? Condition? There are many parameters that determine the value, whatever that means to you.

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Could you post a picture of the receiver, the left rail in particular? If a carbine it would be worth more than $150 despite the rechambering.

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,748 Posts
Hello Gents,

We need a lot more detailed photos to determine the approximate value of this Karabiner-Stutzen, perhaps a rebuild, perhaps not? Can't tell without better photos. It might be worth $350 to $500 but once again, based on the photos above it's impossible to say.

Does the stock serial number match the barreled receiver and the top handguard???

Regards,

JPS

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
Well, the handguard number is N/A in this case as the carbine is a post-WWII Bulgarian rebuild, possibly several rebuilds - note the heavy buffing of the receiver. Only the original handguards were numbered. The barrel also seems to be a replacement, note the different fonts on barrel & receiver.

Is the bolt Bulgarian? Bulgarian bolts are marked with small lions and have a vent hole on top.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i would think this carbine is a rebuild, I am not knowledgable to know who did the rebuilding.
Receiver is buffed so the stamps and marks that I see on others (steyr, Bulgarian) are not there. Again I dont know if that is normal or not.
Barrel is a different shade of blue and marked with a B.

Bolt also looks like it would be a replacement too.

marking on the foot of the bolt is an R, not a K

·
Administrator
12,066 Posts
You have a typical Bulgarian post-WWII rebuild with a new replacement stock and a new barrel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.