Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this not knowing much about it until I started reading up on it. I gather its a Bulgarian contract M95 long rifle in original 8X50 caliber. There is a vent hole drilled into the bolt head. The numbers on the barrel and receiver match and I can just barely make out a couple numbers on the stock which may also match the others. I can't tell for certain if the stock finish has been messed with or not. I have searched the web pretty thoroughly but I can't find much about the value of one of these. I don't want to sell it, just curious if anyone here can give me an idea as to it's value. I bought it for $125. Thanks for any help, I'm kind of out of my area here. (The serial number is 2978 D).

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,310 Posts
.. There is a vent hole drilled into the bolt head...
Nice! A corresponding vent hole should be on the bolt body and its absence means bolt body isn't from a Bulgarian contract rifle. Drilling a hole through it won't do - Bulgarian bolts have specific stamps, a small lion and a "circle B".

And yes, please, let me know if you want to double your investment!

·
Super Moderator
Field Editor ~ GUNS Magazine, Co-Author ~ Serbian Army Weapons of Victory &PH - Kudu Safaris
11,907 Posts
Or would you prefer to quadruple your investment?

Bulgarian long rifles in their original chambering can bring big bucks, even with a replacement bolt!

GREAT FIND!

Warmest regards,

JPS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.