Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just won this sling on ebay. I bought it because I thought it looked nice and was different than a leather sling. It is supposed to be a variant correct for a M95 Steyr rifle/carbine. What do y'all think? It is 43"x1 3/8".

·
Diamond Member
120 Posts
I actually also just bought a sling off ebay, but the leather one. I was looking at that one too. I assume if you got yours from the same guy (from bulgaria) and that yours would be original too. Nice sling, maybe ill buy another m95 just to put a canvas sling on it.

about halfway down the page theirs a pic of the leather version installed on a mannlicher.
http://www.sunblest.net/gun/Mann90.htm

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Eddie- If you got the almost new looking one, you and I did buy from the same guy, but he is in Maine. The guy from Bulgaria still has his for sale, the auction isn't ended yet. I almost bid on yours, but thought about it and decided I liked this one more, so we both are happy! ;)

And I just brought another M95 home!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Slings

Out of a tri-wall of slings I received from Century a while back, got a fair selection of Bulg slings. Have a few of the green leather reinforced as pictured, also narrow cloth (web or linen) light tan - think these are pre-war, leather natural color, leather black -these must be leather as they usually have rivets instead of sewn fitting, used leather in a reddest color, plus all the old used ones I had for a while, some sewn together other one piece. Happened to be reading your posts and thought you might want to know. Rick Reich [email protected]

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well rats! :mad: I just received the sling today and the end with the hook wont go through the rear loop on the side of the stock. I guess it's the wrong one, or I need some kind of adapter for the rear. :confused:

·
Administrator
19,254 Posts
You have to turn it sideways and walk it through

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestion, Vic, but I think it's just too big; too much stuff to get thru a small hole! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts