Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just discovered a tiny lion on the underside of the bolt head on my m95 bolt. There is a small k opposite it. The portion of the bolt head that retracts into the bolt body (excuse the explanation) has a vent hole on the side opposite of the extractor. No hole on top of the actual bolt body. Does it sound like I have a partial Bulgarian contract bolt?

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
If it looks like the one on the pictures, then it is Bulgarian.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yup. Austrian rebuild. As an aside most of the rebuilds I've seen with Bulgarian bolt bodies don't have any other Austrian marked components. Any of the Bulgarian contract pieces that were rebuilt by the Austrians rarely wear Bulgarian marked components.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NF,

Thanks for your reply. Very interesting stuff. I would like to get hold of a Bulgarian bolt body to compliment the udder parts... do you know what those are worth? I have a Bulgarian contract m95 with the lion crest "Budapest 1909" on the side. Be nice to have an entire Bulgarian bolt too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.