Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know why some Bulgarian 54r is in cardboard boxes and others is in std spam can paper wrap? All head stamped 10 over early 1970's, but packaged differently. Is the boxed stuff bulk packed in lead sealed square boxes like Czech?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have pictures of boxes and individual rds? Did you check 7.62x54r.net?
Yes and yes. 54r.net is light on info on Bulgarian ... about all it says is its factory 10. I have a friend nearby with a spam can marked with silver tape and the same year code ... I'll try to get him to open it and post pics of both rounds.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought 3 tins of 72 Bulgarian ... head stamped the same as the ammo that was in the cardboard boxes, but all 3 are regular paper wrapped. Still looking for identifiers of the spam cans with cardboard boxed Bulgarian

·
Registered
19,288 Posts
I have found wrapped packets of Bulgarian ammo in different color paper in same can. Upon
inspection with torn down rounds, the reason was they changed powder used . Thus in one
can, I had two lots of ammo made at different times and with different powder. Thus different shooting characteristics in performance. The warning flag is to those who tear down Bulgarian
ammo and re use components . Two lots of powder brings safety concerns.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Awhile back I bought some Bulgarian ammo and one was in boxes and the other was in paper. I dumped them all into an ammo can. Should I be concerned? I did not know their was a difference.

James

·
Registered
8,056 Posts
Awhile back I bought some Bulgarian ammo and one was in boxes and the other was in paper. I dumped them all into an ammo can. Should I be concerned? I did not know their was a difference.

James
If you are shooting them at Camp Perry you might sort them by headstamp...if not, no sweat all is good!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts