Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
orderd one of samcos czech k98s fridsay to use in building a replica sniper..would like to hera what you guys think should be made out of it.this will be done over the course of about a year..i thought id secure the rifle first,id like to hear any and all suggestions..thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Enemy at the Gate

David Fortier did a good article in shotgun news. Basics are get a old scope from ebay and give ior a call for the mounts. EUROPEAN QDS

·
Registered
806 Posts
go for a single claw or a turret. It seems like everyone has the lsr.But it really depends
on what you like.After you build this one you will want others. Just thought I would warn
you.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think ive seen a single claw..a turret i know about..which is the rarer or the 2?as i stated this will be kind of a long term project as funds are tight as allways..thats why i decided to secure the weapon ill use first.then ill save my pennys for the scope and mount,i talked to cliff at iron elite about his repro turret mounts and i also saw where board member feldscher is selling lsr mounts for $175.00 which seems more in my range as compared to $600.00 for the repro turret mount,i dont know a whole lot about these as its not been my area of concentration so far but i couldnt resist any longer,in years to come i may try for another but this one will take awhile..thanks in advance for any and all advice you guys can give me

·
Registered
806 Posts
mikesq2b (aka igor) on e-bay has the single claw mounts. The reason I talked about both
of these mounts is they will cover the top of the reciever. The top of your cezh k-98
should have the markings removed and most are in the white where their buffed. Both of
these mounts will cover that area. The single claw that I got was about $375 if I
remember right. turrets are about $500 from k98k.com or sarco. Iron elite used to have
some mock up ones not his repro ones for under $200.For a scope you can try coles who sells zf-39 repro scopes. Check into his 2nds to save $ if
you are tight on coin.For the iron elite mock up mounts talk to Bob he's the owner.
Hope the info helps.As for which repro mount is more rare I would have to say the
single claw.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well..it sems that samco is backorderd on those czech rifles..couldnt tell when or even if they will have anymore..so i guess ill start looking for an rc k98 to use,it would seem wise to secure a good weapon then start to look into repro scopes and mounts,i just thought that the czech ones would be ok because then i wasnt defacing something that may someday have any collector value.ive seen some of the rc 98s that had really good bores and i guess in this case thats whats most important

1 - 6 of 6 Posts