Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing the above mentioned ammo (Hard cast flat points) for carry in my P-64, and CZ 82.

My concern is, will either of these pistols handle the extra pressures? My obvious plan is to carry a lot, shoot very little.

I hope this the right forum to ask.

Thanx to one and all for your input.

Wendell

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
You will need to shoot enough to see if your pistols feed that flat point. My CZ83 will not feed TCFMJs. I would want at least 50 jam free round through a gun before I carry that round.

I do not see the extra pressure doing any damage.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was another concern. If my pistols will feed Lead flat points.

Thank you,
Wendell

·
Copper Bullet member
764 Posts
It's smart to ask. Personally I wouldn't, but I think the CZ82 would be more up to the task than the P64. I certainly wouldn't shoot any in a P63. I'm speaking from a bit of ignorance here, because I've never shot any Buffalo Bore ammo, but my understanding is that it's loaded up on the ragged edge of very hot.

As to lead bullets in a CZ 82 - SHHH! Don't tell my CZ 82 that it can't use cast. I've been shooting lead bullets through it quite comfortable for years. Of course, I also shoot lead in my Glock factory barrel, but that's another story. I don't want to get into something that's been hashed out over and over and over on every gun forum on the net. :) I'll just say that cast bullets can be used successfully in just about any gun, IF you do it right.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all! Lot's of good info here.
Being one to err on the side of caution, I don't think I'll use the hard cast ammo in my CZ.

I fully expect this stuff to be a "handful" out of my little Radom. But, as I stated. It will be carried a lot, and used little.

Wendell

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
I think the issue with a load being "a handful" out of a self defense weapon is controllability of follow up shots. I'm a big fan of 9X18 for concealed carry and self defense, but what makes 9X18, or 380 or even 32 acp actually work for self defense is shot placement and accuracy and follow up shots more than knock down power.

just saying

Not that shot placement is unimportant with bigger calibers.. but with the smaller calibers, shot placement and follow up shots is about all you have going for you.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I agree AmmoSgt. Shot placement is critical in any handgun.

A villain hit with a .45, to the non vitals, may take him down, but it won't necessarily take him "out" of the fight.

When I practice, my objective is center mass, solar plexus.

Wendell

1 - 11 of 11 Posts