Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased this from another Gunboards member. I am not very knowledgeable about these, so any information would be appreciated. As far as I can make out this is in the original 8x50R chambering. There is a stamp that appears to say Bp [shields] 15, but it is badly stamped so the 15 is really only a guess.

Can anyone tell me if the sling looks right.

All numbers match, but the bolt is unnumbered. Is the bolt supposed to have a number?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
556 Posts
The sling is Bulgarian and the carbine although worn looks good. The serial numbers should match on the reciever and barrel and stock . The letter "R" should be on the back of the bolt and thumb pull and trigger assembly at the bottom. The last 2 digits of the serial number should be on the top wood (usually worn away). Lastly, it should be in 8x50R.
The [email protected] is scarce but not rare. Lw is rare.
dg13

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you dg13. In person it looks rather better than those pictures would indicate.

It seems to have all the appropriate marks that you indicated. The full serial number (43xxU) appears on the receiver, barrel and butt stock. The last two digits are very clearly present on the top wood next to the sight. 'R' is stamped in the places you mentioned, as well as on the butt plate and in the channel on the metal behind the receiver and on the flip up sight and on the slider on the sight.

Since I don't see any Bulgarian lions on this anywhere, I assume the sling is incorrect if it is Bulgarian. How does the Austro-Hungarian sling differ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts