Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago I bought a uniquely modified/butchered Lotta rifle with a mediocre-bored Bohler barrel very cheaply. It surprised me by shooting VERY well with 220 grain reloads. BUT, today the rear sight literally fell off. Does anyone have knowledge of how the site was originally Musical instrument Wood
affixed, i.e., does it merely friction fit into the dovetail on the barrel or was it soldered in place, or ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information on the use of solder. I'll refit the rear sight and sweat some solder on it.The reason I asked is that there is no residue of solder, glue or any kind of staking on either the base or on the the bottom of the sight. I guess the previous owner had taken the sight off and cleaned it for some reason while changing the gun to his unique bolt design, grinding the back of the receiver for the repositioned bolt handle and otherwise "sporterizing" this old classic.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.