Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up a Bubba'ed Mosin today, cut stock, sights removed, receiver D&T'ed. The receiver has me intrigued.It's an octagon receiver, and there are nearly no markings on it. There is no crest or serial #, the s/n is on the barrel. Barrel has an SY with a triangle on it. The triangle has a T in it. The receiver looks like it has an OK in a circle on the rear tang right behind the screw. There is an R on the underside of the receiver. It has 3 tapped holes on the left rail. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow in the daylight. So, what do I have?

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
9,171 Posts
I think the Bubba who butchered your M28 also produced the person in your avatar...!

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
Between the Avatars and Bubba's work, I feel queasy.:(

·
Silver Bullet member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now For Pics!

Here's some pics I took of it. How common are the sights? I was thinking of putting it back together. Do the receiver holes look like they would take a standard M-N mount? If too costly to restore, I may make a shorter rifle out of it and use it for a truck gun.

The top rail of the cocking knob is broken off. It has 3 different s/n's on the barrel. It's also counterbored, but has good rifling.

·
Diamond Member
7,625 Posts
gunluvver, thanks for the pics. I haven't ever seen a cocking knob broken like that...wonder what happened or if it was done for clearance for the mount. I don't think the holes are for a standard mosin mount. I think you are correct about it being a truck gun. Denny

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
It looks like a SXXXX marking on the right side of the receiver...oh the humanity. :(

·
Silver Bullet member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe I should do a pictorial on cutting down the barrel, camo'ing the stock, installing rails, lights, and an Aimpoint. We could show it as a slide show at junior high schools to keep kids from turning into Bubbas and help prevent destruction of the world's historical icons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.