Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing MakeUBroker and saw this atrocity. It was a Romanian SKS...

Says it's stainless, but I'm pretty sure that's some type of spray finish. Look at that hand-guard. And the stock has a special texture to keep a grip on it.

I'm a little surprised it has no lasers, or flashlights. Why go through all the trouble to bubba the wood stock though? Why not just Tapco it?

Anyways, I'm calling dibs so nobody bid me up. LOL! :laugh::barf::laugh::barf:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Perhaps the finish is left over Starvel satin nickel finish. Unless the handguard is synthetic the finish is probably spray metallic. Then again maybe this one of those special editions that was used by soldiers guarding some monument or honor guard. Unlikely!

:barf:

·
Gold Bullet member
12,857 Posts
With each passing day I have less patience for people of little intelligence and poor taste.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh well,the finish on that SKS will probably wear right off with moderate use.Should be easy to return to original with some denatured alcohol....heck maybe just some CLP on the metal.At least it hasn't been dremeled,cut on and a multi railed cover added to it.I'd buy it in a heart beat.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
I believe the SKS may be the most often and extensively modified "(bubbafied") carbine of all time; there seems to be
no end to what can be done to them!:(

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Oh that ain't nothing. I mean it's not good but I've seen some travesties that would give you nightmares. Like home made whittled bullpup stocks. To this day I still see a psychiatrist because of it :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This ain't it but ........

I can imagine Xzibit, "Yo dawg, I heard you like banana clips... So we put a banana clip on your banana clip."

Can you imagine the expense of destroying that SKS? Wow! There is one born every minute.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

On the MN collector’s forum even the slightest deviation from approval is met with derision and cries of “take it to the Work Bench forum”. So, even here on said Work Bench forum, the usual suspects still come forth to continue their modi operandi.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts

On the MN collector’s forum even the slightest deviation from approval is met with derision and cries of “take it to the Work Bench forum”. So, even here on said Work Bench forum, the usual suspects still come forth to continue their modi operandi.
Yes well just cause one has a "work bench" doesn't mean he should use it. I don't work on firearms for the same reason I don't work on cars.... because I know I'll mess it up. Just because I have a wrench doesn't make me a mechanic nor should I fix cars. Same with guns.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have bought bubba guns to flip but could never bring myself to make the mods myself. I clean them up best I can, function check, and shoot. One or two I've decided to keep but only ones that have berry little moding.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.