Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never ask "how much is my gun worth" as that question can not be answered without tons of info and pics. You can get a good estimate by using auction and classified sites. With that said, I am new to Enfields and am having a hard time with this purchase. I need/want a Mk III and found one at a local shop that is traditionally overpriced. The gun is a BSA 1916 with all matching parts (mag not numbered?), mag cutoff, good bore, no volley site, non-windage site, sanded wood, missing unit disc and cracked front handguard. The crack was repaired and some stock markings are readable. The rope pull through is still in the stock compartment. The overall condition is very good. The owner was trying hard to make a sale and showed me a 2007 blue book that listed that gun from $250-$325 in good-very good condition. All I see is MkIII not selling for $350 and not many listed under $300. One sold here a while back for $225 shipped but it sold in a few minutes. What do you guys think of his price? Right next to it was a US property Enfield with no magazine for $550??? Thanks for your help, Tim

I should add not import marked, just export

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,612 Posts
I'd have a tough time coughing up $260 for what you describe, mainly due to the sanded wood...it's at the high end of the scale at any rate.

I'd be very interested in knowing the serial number though (minus the last 2 or 3 digits, of course), if you can get it...I've got a couple 1916 BSAs that aren't slotted for a cutoff...it'd be interesting to see where the numbers fall in comparison.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.