Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used Browning HI Power 9MM MKII pistol. It was in bad shape and did not have a magazine with it. I it checked out by a gunsmith and reblued. I also purchased some magazines for it. The magazines fall out when you shoot it. It looks like the magazines are not the correct ones for it. Do I need to get the Ingliss magazines for it?

·
Platinum Bullet member
677 Posts
Assuming the mag catch is ok ...
Did you buy magazines in packages labeled for the HP or were they loose and the seller said they would work . I've had good luck with the Mec-Gar brand . The run about 1/2 the price of factory Browning mags .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the magazines off of gunbroker and the gunsmith said the catch looked good. He said something about the pistol might be a Croatian copy. I have not found anything saying that the Croatians made these. The catch does not line up with the magazine hole.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
I have a FEG p9r and the hi power mags won't work in it...
To add to what sglenn said. A company from Hungary called FEG made some handguns that were in some cases copies of High Power, in other cases they made handguns that are very similar to High Power. The High Power magazines would work in some of their models, in some other models, the High Power magazine has to be slightly modified and then it will work.

·
Copper Bullet member
9,522 Posts
Any true HP or exact HP clone, including the Inglis, will accept any true HP mag, and vice-versa. If your "HP" will not take your "HP" mags, one of the sides of the equation probably ain't kosher.

Reactions: MGMike

·
Copper Bullet member
9,522 Posts
The post I answered disappeared!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts