Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I have a Browning A-5 16 Gauge that was originally a (16-65) or 2 9/16 chamber. Then someone rechamberd it, and made the barrel accept the 2 3/4 in shells as the 2 3/4 stamp on the side. Now It was shooting the 3/4's fine, until it wouldn't fire them anymore. Took a closer look at it and the barrel was set forward whenever the conversion was done to allow for the ejection of the longer shells. I ended up putting a bushing back in the forearm and set the barrel back to it's proper position.

Only problem... it won't eject.

Does anyone know if they did some smithing on these to make them work properly back in the day. I'm at a loss here. I searched the internet but seems the consensus is to hang it on the wall or find some none existant 9/16" shells, or hand load, or single shot.

It's my uncles gun so I have been trying to get it working properly for him.

· Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Thanks again, I took it out today and we worked on it for a couple hours taking minimal "shaves" out numerous times and test firing. After about 6 tries we got everything down to absolute minimums to just allow the 2 3/4" shell to function properly in this shotgun. Fired a couple different manufactures shells throught it to make sure they all worked.

Glad I got this classic 80 year old shotgun fixed, and it should last another 80 years!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.