Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In these fine page I have in the past discussed my fine invention of a very simple broken shell extractor that would put a metal rod with a small hook over the lips of af broken shell and then pull it out.

www.brownells.com , have now according to the november-december 2007 issue of "Rifle Magazine", "invented" a broken shell extractor, which by using small hooks that go over the lips of a broken shell, will effordlessly will pull out a broken shell from a chamber, and marked toward the military marked.

Brownells have given my invention the stocknumber # 080-000-441 and the MSRP of $ 19.95

Brownells have never bothered to contact me over the commercial use of my great invention.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
do you have a patent on it, or have a patent pending on said design? if not, then they don't have to contact you or even acknowledge it's your design.

·
Registered
604 Posts
There is a way out, as we Patent Lawyers say;)
Did you ever depict your invention in the form of a drawing? Did you ever publish your drawing under your name? If yes, then it shows that you devised it first and hold a copyright in the drawing. Under the Universal Copyright Convention (to which most countries imcluding the US, are signatories), you do not have to get such a drawing registered with any Copyright Authority.
Simply show that the "infringing" 3 dimensional product, when translated into a 2 dimensional drawing, is similar to your original drawing and voila - you can sue them for infringement of copyright:)
My professional charges for this impromptu advice will be one SMLE, preferably from WW1;)

·
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hava in in these fine pages in detail discused my intellectual property of a new and simple to make broken bullet extractor, consisting of a metal rod with a small hook at the end for us e as an easy way of removing broken shells.

I even suggested to have one made so it could be attached to any rifle cleaning rod, and thus universally fit any rifle calilbers.

Brownells have chosen, for the time being, just to use my intellectual on the standart NATO caliber, 233/5.56 mm, in hoping to make a huge profit my invention by listing the retail price of my invention to $ 19.95 !

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,262 Posts
I hava in in these fine pages in detail discused my intellectual property of a new and simple to make broken bullet extractor, consisting of a metal rod with a small hook at the end for us e as an easy way of removing broken shells.
In these fine pages you have exactly 2 posts as of 09:22 a.m. on October 15, 2007, both of which make this claim. I see no such evidence as you describe anywhere on these forums.

SlimTim

·
Registered
363 Posts
Al Gore, Too

In these fine page I have in the past discussed my fine invention of a very simple broken shell extractor that would put a metal rod with a small hook over the lips of af broken shell and then pull it out.

www.brownells.com , have now according to the november-december 2007 issue of "Rifle Magazine", "invented" a broken shell extractor, which by using small hooks that go over the lips of a broken shell, will effordlessly will pull out a broken shell from a chamber, and marked toward the military marked.

Brownells have given my invention the stocknumber # 080-000-441 and the MSRP of $ 19.95

Brownells have never bothered to contact me over the commercial use of my great invention.
Think you got ripped off? Al Gore invented the Internet, and all he ever got for it was global warming.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,593 Posts
Shells have lips?? :eek:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
At least you could make them too. Under UK Patent law an invention has to be 'novel'. As you have evidence that you invented it first it is not novel and therefore not patentable. The reasoning behind this is to avoid people patenting stuff which had already been invented but has not been patented e.g. the wheel.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Matt, that is the funniest statement I've read since "the earth cooled"...excuse me while I try to get off the floor...I leaned back in my office chair while laughing and it actually "rolled" out from under me......................I'm still grinning.................
all the best,
Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts