Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
help...PLEASE HELP!

real nice, ive been wanting to have one since i was a kid..(you have no idea how how many times ive said that.) but i will say it again, ive been wanting to have one since i was a kid:(:(:(:(:(.you guys know how i can get one, im in the phillipines right now and nobody understands a makarov here. ( its driving me crazy).:mad::mad:

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
real nice, ive been wanting to have one since i was a kid..(you have no idea how how many times ive said that.) but i will say it again, ive been wanting to have one since i was a kid:(:(:(:(:(.you guys know how i can get one, im in the phillipines right now and nobody understands a makarov here. ( its driving me crazy).:mad::mad:
Don't you have to have a permit nowadays just to own a pistol in the P.I.? I still remember when Marcos "banned " pistols from private ownership-although a pal of mine in the protection biz there had any weapon he desired.Why not call up the local Police Dept. and have them give you a list of legit suppliers.You may have to order one-if it's even possible there.A mak would be a decent conceal carry in a climate like the P.I.
i believe I would carry a hicap in the P.I. if I carried a sidearm and it wouldn.t be a 9x18...

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
amz: Contact your arms manufacturers in the Phillipines and tell them there's a niche here that needs to be filled. Nobody is currently manufacturing Makarov pistols. It's probably a long shot, but it wouldn't hurt to send a couple emails or make a couple of phone calls.

I wanted a Mak as a kid too.. way back in the mid-90s. :D

Those are a couple of nice ones, rockcrawln71!

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
Rock Island makes fine 1911s, wouldn't it be great if they can somehow get the rights from Arsenal?
No doubt they would do a fantastic job on the Mak but I wonder about the future of the P.I. as violence is getting pretty rampant.A few of my friends are afraid to visit their families there because of it.Does Arsenal have the legal right to extend mfg. rights?

·
Registered
8 Posts
mak

Its elligal if they catch you without a permit, but if they don't then there s no crime, you know how it is in some places.
its easy to get ban m16 rifle here, there are lots of 1911's and 9mils but i don't like them they too big and heavy.. first time i saw a mak i really fell inlove with it, and read some of blogs bout them, you know, like the way you guys do...and my is russian he served in the army and he wanted to get one here too but nobody understands a mak here, they want battle rifles mostly and 45 cal is first choice. looked around for mak at local gun stores but nobody has it. you guys are really lucky, enjoy the mak cus a guy like me could just dream about it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Actually, guns are not that hard to get in the Philippines...if you have the money. Even full automatic assault rifles can be had since laws on these are murky, from what I've learned. As you can see in the following link, gun shows are quite popular, very well organized and laid out more professionally than my local gun show at the state fairgrounds. But, sadly, even with thousands of new guns on display, you won't find a single Makarov.
http://gunlovers.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=15727&sid=5a6eb49a35a35b66edfd2bf4a7abd2c0

Rockcrawln71- Sorry for hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So crawler, have you been to the candy store here yet, or I mean makarovdotcom?

http://www.makarov.com/

Mak Candy that is. Welcome to Makdom, and like the others, I wish you to have a nice Makarov in your future. Some people want to be President, some want to have a Mak. :D See you on the boards.
I found that before I got the Norinco. Lately I been making A shopping list for the near future. :) Lots of information there!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Actually, guns are not that hard to get in the Philippines...if you have the money. Even full automatic assault rifles can be had since laws on these are murky, from what I've learned. As you can see in the following link, gun shows are quite popular, very well organized and laid out more professionally than my local gun show at the state fairgrounds. But, sadly, even with thousands of new guns on display, you won't find a single Makarov.
http://gunlovers.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?p=15727&sid=5a6eb49a35a35b66edfd2bf4a7abd2c0

Rockcrawln71- Sorry for hijacking your thread.

got that right I was just 13 and I was walkin around with a mac 11. but when you get cought your in real trouble, 7 years in prisson.:eek::eek:, and you dont want to go to prisson here, 20 to 30 imates in a 20sqft cell.:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.