Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
These used to be common at SoFla gun shows in the 70s and 80s. I haven't seen one in years. Well, a large dealer had one on his table late last year and literally sold it in front of me before I could get to it. I ran into the owner a few hours later trying to purchase 8x57mm ammo for it, because, his words "everyone in the show said it was an 8mm". We chatted, I explained to him what he had and I sent him to this site but I wonder if he ever made it here. I like to see new collectors get bargains and I am glad to have seen that piece not go to one of the usual suspects at the shows but the level of stupidity at SoFla gunshows, to send this guy off to buy the wrong ammo, is staggering sometimes.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
That is a excellent late contract FN-49!!!! Take good care of it. It's worth at least $1,200.00

Love the stock markings in the late pattern Venezuelan rifles!!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,594 Posts
:thumbsup: I'd have got whiplash brandishing my wallet at that price. What a score.

·
Registered
979 Posts
killer score!! now what do you shoot thru it?? modern ammo is all wrong. do you reload?? i sold all my modern stuff and am looking for older milsurp stuff that has a better pressure curve for the fn's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.