Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,096 Posts
I bought two the first go-round. One is a trench-art-somewhat-beat but interesting decent shooter, the other an absolutely first-rate early Sino-Soviet "ghost rifle" in great shape. I put the second in a new Chinese phenolic stock, and kept the original slightly damaged stock. I could sell that second better rifle for an easy $500 out here (if I wanted to) in the new stock.

Still, you take your chances and might get a quite worn rifle, but new stocks are very cheap and early flat-blade bayonet C&R SKSs are a pretty unusual item. Buy two if you can to up the odds in your favor.

For those who don't know, these are early milled-received screw-barrel Chinese rifles with blade bayonets.

They served their last duty in Albania, are buried in nasty old cosmo and grease and usually have very repairable stocks. Some have interesting trench art from Albanian soldiers, with names, dates and towns or even insignias and unit numbers carved on the stocks.

Get ready to get seriously slimed cleaning them!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,590 Posts
They are $320 today with no mention of cracked stocks.

·
Banned
1,448 Posts
Does Century not have any more?

IIRC, the last time RT had a batch of cracked stocks, their modus operandi was to list them until they got bogged down with orders, take them down at that point, then list them again when they caught up.

I ordered one two different times from century. The first one was a 58 and second a 56, but I traded off the 58 for vz52. Would love to have another 58, but not having any luck finding one at a good price like I bought these at when they first come in last year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.