Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching an auction coming up. The item I'm watching is a British Enfield #8 MK 1. The rifle looks to be in good shape from pictures posted on the auction website. I'm looking for a little help. What are these rifles worth and what is a good starting bid?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Price depends heavily if it is the model with a military leaf (like the No.4 rifle but different yardage scale) OR the model with a Parker Hale aperture backsight (which adds a couple of hundred dollars at least).

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Price depends heavily if it is the model with a military leaf (like the No.4 rifle but different yardage scale) OR the model with a Parker Hale aperture backsight (which adds a couple of hundred dollars at least).
Rifle has the Parker Hale backsight. What do you think would be a good bid with a chance to win this rifle

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
You’re not going to win this one. But if you throw enough money at it you may stand a chance of actually buying it.
:)

There is no set price range especially in today’s crazy market. They don’t come up for sale often enough to get a grip on selling prices. They aren’t cheap. It’s going to see upwards of $1000 all told. If your heart is really into it have another $1000 at your disposal. If you really really want it as does someone else, how much more do you have?
If you come away with it for +/- $1200-ish then you did OK.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Didn't win the rifle. I bid $1100.00 and the winning was $ 1150.00.
That’s a shame. To miss by only $50 with the bidding that low on the totem pole. Keep looking. Sooner or later another may come up for sale.

·
Gold Bullet member
12,282 Posts
That’s a shame. To miss by only $50 with the bidding that low on the totem pole. Keep looking. Sooner or later another may come up for sale.
It probably wasn’t that close. The high bidder may have submitted a bid well in excess of the hammer price. The $50 bump over the OP’s last bid was presumably just a bid increment, not the total bid by the winner.

Reactions: NY50/70

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know I don't really mind that I lost the auction. I bid on 2 items and won 1. I bid Mosely on odd weapons that you don't see every day. The auction that I won is for a Dana model 30 military training rifle caliber 172 bb gun. I will be the only man in the neighborhood with a bb gun.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
It probably wasn’t that close. The high bidder may have submitted a bid well in excess of the hammer price. The $50 bump over the OP’s last bid was presumably just a bid increment, not the total bid by the winner.
I understand that. It was a low hammer price IMO. If a nice No8 and $1500 was bid and that was top end, then let them have it for $1550.
As mentioned above +/- $1200 I felt would be a good price. For both seller and buyer. That’s what it sold for.
As it goes there probably isn’t anyone complaining. Except perhaps for those who paid twice that previously. Means they’ll have to wait longer to catch up to tomorrow’s prices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts