Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an looking to obtain copies of current and older editions British Army manuals (both training and maintenance) for the following arms: Rifles No. 4 and L1A1 and Pistol, 9 mm No. 2 Mk 1* (Inglis High Power) and L9A1 (FN High Power). Can anyone direct to a source?

·
Copper Bullet member
1,447 Posts
I an looking to obtain copies of current and older editions British Army manuals (both training and maintenance) for the following arms: Rifles No. 4 and L1A1 and Pistol, 9 mm No. 2 Mk 1* (Inglis High Power) and L9A1 (FN High Power). Can anyone direct to a source?
When I was in the Army [33 years], we only had the Inglis-made Brownings.

The Royal Air Force had genuine FN-made pistols, but they used the same Army training Pamphlet to teach it.

Don't know about the Navy - matchlocks, maybe?

tac

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I was in the Army [33 years], we only had the Inglis-made Brownings.

The Royal Air Force had genuine FN-made pistols, but they used the same Army training Pamphlet to teach it.

Don't know about the Navy - matchlocks, maybe?

tac

Terry,

Are they still issuing the Inglis made hi powers in the British Army? It seems the Australian army are still carrying them!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
They withdrew all the Inglis ones some years ago. FN ones were purchased in several batches over the decades. Most have now been upgraded to ambidex safeties, those 'contoured' grips which wear my hand out, and decent sights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts