Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a sight pusher for both a #1 (PMT&D MK II) and a #3 Enfield (Rifle #3) along with what I think is a Brit trigger pull gauge.

The gauge is unmarked except for 1-16 pound on the scale. Other than the obvious how does it work? It looks like it was made to hook upon something other than the trigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
I think the other end is used to weight the lift on the bolt handle and there will be other things it weighs. I've got 2 myself but never thought to see what they were used for. The 2 I have were retired from service in 2006 and were used on Harrier Aden guns (because that's what they had available).

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
It is a Tester, Trigger B, and was the standard tester for the 303 rifles, Webley and Enfield revolvers, Boy's anti-tank rifle, and pretty much anything else. It was not just used for trigger testing, but also things such as: butt-trap, extractor and striker springs on the rifles; barrel catch and mainspring on the revolvers; etc.

Peter

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have one of my own to add to this thread.
A few of these turned up in boxes of Lee-Enfield rifle parts.
I have an idea what it does, but would like to know if anyone has seen these before.

Thanks!

Richard

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,590 Posts
The 2 I have were retired from service in 2006 and were used on Harrier Aden guns (because that's what they had available).
Never mind the trigger pull of an Aden, I want to see the holster for it. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.