Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Here's something from my collection. I belive its an assault jerkin/Bren Bra. I didn't know much about these but from my limited reading it seems they are faked a lot. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I don't know about faked but have seen them or sale for many years. Never bothered with one for my BREN, seemed a little of a dumb idea as it only held 2 mags. Probably why there are so many around in what appear to be new condition. I don't recall seeing many if any in period photos.

·
Administrator
10,116 Posts
Probably never issue because of end of war (1945)...similar fate of a lot of webbing, made and delivered, and forgotten in store because no longer needed. Similar happened to Aust No6 Shortened SMLE canvas riflebags....Delivered into store 1945,
Surplussed 1970s....too short for normal SMLE.
Brand New. ( Rifle No.6 never produced for issue).

DocAV

·
Registered
13,497 Posts
There are plenty of reproductions around, they seem to have the size designated as the rear portion is all one piece (and therefore non-adjustable).

Note they all have maker "H&S Ltd" and the Broad Arrow is just an arrow.

Edit:

It appears there are a multitude of repros:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gents
Thank you, they don't seem very durable especially for lugging full magazines around in combat. And I have not seen photos either of them in use. From looking around online I have gathered that they are faked a lot and often made from old period webbing. There is some verdigris on some of the rivets which indicates its older but again I'm no expert. Thanks for your input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.