Gunboards Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Found out a bit ago that Palmetto State had Italian Garands for sale/

Missed out on a regular M1, so opted for an M1D with scope and bracket in the transit case.

Yhey also have some at a lower cost, but no scope or bracket, and the bracket IIRC is specific ro the Italian rifles.

This is a bucket list rifle for me, so broke my rule of not buying anything new.
Now tell them how much you paid for it.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Now tell them how much you paid for it.
I paid advertized price. Haven't found a 'deal' since I bought those three 1904A4s all at the same time. The FAL was a good price, but not a 'deal'.
I'm slipping a bit, not getting around as much because of the chinavirus.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hope you guys get nice ones, saw on the CMP forum where one guy’s crate arrived all busted up. Why on earth they use cheap packaging for a $4k rifle is beyond me.

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hope you guys get nice ones, saw on the CMP forum where one guy’s crate arrived all busted up. Why on earth they use cheap packaging for a $4k rifle is beyond me.
That is the nice thing about using a CC, you have a fair amount of protection.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Do you have a link for that thread? I can't find it on that forum.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Makes we want it even more. They haven't even shipped mine yet. Getting irritated.
Mine showed shipped yesterday (9 days after being ordered) but took till a 1/2 hour ago to show up at ups.

Reactions: jlacy

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Mine Arrived at the fun shop today, but I will not be able to get back in town until the 20th, then I still have to wait 10 working days as WA insists it is an e-ville a-sault riffle. Was told that it did arrive intact though.

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Mine Arrived at the fun shop today, but I will not be able to get back in town until the 20th, then I still have to wait 10 working days as WA insists it is an e-ville a-sault riffle. Was told that it did arrive intact though.
Good to hear Hal, looks like Tuesday will be the day I get mine delivered.

Reactions: Hal O'Peridol

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Mine it is here!!!!! Matching scope, but I have some light "garbage" flying inside the scope (see reticle picture).
Rifle shoots very nice, 1.44MOA at 300yds and 1.22MOA at 700yds in the wind! Pictures below!

300yds Target

700yds target view through the scope (last target left from the tip of the reticle) - you can see little "black spot" and "drops" on the glass - not sure how to clean this. How hard it is to take this scope apart?

700yds gorup

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Great to hear Rob, looks great sir. Tomorrow mine is due in. :cool:

61 - 80 of 97 Posts