Gunboards Forums banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
Ron, as I said, I prefer the 06. They won the war.

These Navy rifles are do do IMO. Yes, they won some matches trying to beat the 06/ Shoot an 06. Use some m72with these like the match refiles with an M81m m-82 M84 slucks IMO) The theory was that the 308 ws sir[eropr acciracu

A friend had one for several years at a gun show, cmp gun. He could not give it away. There were issues with chamber stuff and more. They were crap trying to make them308 IMO. There are 06 forevers, the rest was crap IMO

The best M1ccs were USMC with KM IMO. The rest were very iffy. Try an M81,82,etc. The best will be the kM IMO/
Ron, as I said, I prefer the 06. They won the war.

These Navy rifles are do do IMO. Yes, they won some matches trying to beat the 06/ Shoot an 06. Use some m72with these like the match refiles with an M81m m-82 M84 slucks IMO) The theory was that the 308 ws sir[eropr acciracu

A friend had one for several years at a gun show, cmp gun. He could not give it away. There were issues with chamber stuff and more. They were crap trying to make them308 IMO. There are 06 forevers, the rest was crap IMO

The best M1ccs were USMC with KM IMO. The rest were very iffy. Try an M81,82,etc. The best will be the kM IMO/
The US Army built match rifles, every precisely. They did not just say, OK the 308 is better, lets us give up. Give my an Army match rifle any day. They kicked butt.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, the MC1 with the Kohlmorgen Bearcub is the way to go. If someone was makking an affordable scope brack for the MC1, I'd have one of those too.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
As I said the KM 4X kicked butt.. The M82s were crap. The attempt to make the 308 Navy guns was a waste of time. Yes, they wanted to win matches, no way. There were chamber problems, like they cut loose. Hey, not my kind of rifle. They tried to fix it, no luck. I would not pay haf the price of an M1 for one but we all have our bias. I was Army, always will be.

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Yes, the MC1 with the Kohlmorgen Bearcub is the way to go. If someone was makking an affordable scope brack for the MC1, I'd have one of those too.
There was a guy in France making MC1 mounts that where pretty nice, but they where $500. Got mine from him last year but it was his last one and he wasn't sure he would make anymore.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
No offense to tiswe
I have a mint one, and they are CMP OK. Great scopes for their time
No offense to the Navy my uncle was a swift float caption, not JC. He hat 3 Navy corosses
purple hearts, not bandaids. and his moustouses was shoot of on one side. He was a volunteer hero, not bs. He was one of the first seals, ever.

My uncle was a Real AdmiraL Myself and my brother were Paratroopers, his the 173 and he was the youngish Airborne troop in histoy in AK.

Our service should be appreciaitated. So few have deserved.

·
Premium Member
10,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Would like to have one of these, but too rich for my blood right now. I bet they shoot nice
I dipped deep into the savings account to pull off the buy. Selling other stuff to recoup the funds. Sold two mausers and two chi-com SKS parts guns. 1600 dollars recouped so far. Have other stuff on the burner to sell, and there is a local gun show towards the end of the month. I'll be able to pull it off. Oh, yeah, sold a trailer hitch too.

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
I dipped deep into the savings account to pull off the buy. Selling other stuff to recoup the funds. Sold two mausers and two chi-com SKS parts guns. 1600 dollars recouped so far. Have other stuff on the burner to sell, and there is a local gun show towards the end of the month. I'll be able to pull it off. Oh, yeah, sold a trailer hitch too.
Was going to go look at a 40th Anniversary Corvette this weekend, but this kind of helped to talk me out of it.

Besides I do not have room for the Vette, but I do for the rifle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Also, in anticipation of its arrival, is there anything known about what ammo it prefers? Regular 7.62x51? Any restrictions along the lines of 30-06 vs 30-06 M2? I don't handload, so I'm stuck with commercial sources.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
53,459 Posts
find a box or 3 of Federal Gold Medal Match, or some M118 NM Ball and see what it will do

·
Registered
138 Posts
I could sell some things like you and make it happen, but at the moment I'm attached to what I have! lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Are they accepting C&R FFL's for these?
I hope they do. Apparently they do for Carcanos so I imagine the same is true for these, especially since they explicitly mention that it is a C&R. I e-mailed them my license. Have not heard back.

Worst case scenario I'll cough up $25 for transfer on a $4300 gun.

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Are they accepting C&R FFL's for these?
Yes they are, states so in the Ad. It is a little confusing to proceed with the purchase because they require you to select an FFL from there list.. So what you have to do is select "add an FFL" then enter your own info, then when you complete the transaction they give you a invoice number and a link to upload your FFL. You simply upload your FFL and there is a place to enter your invoice number and you are all good. Takes them several days to acknowledge reciept.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Yes they are, states so in the Ad. It is a little confusing to proceed with the purchase because they require you to select an FFL from there list.. So what you have to do is select "add an FFL" then enter your own info, then when you complete the transaction they give you a invoice number and a link to upload your FFL. You simply upload your FFL and there is a place to enter your invoice number and you are all good. Takes them several days to acknowledge reciept.
Exactly what he said. I just wasted few days because I didn't read their confirmation email, so it took me a moment to complete this process. Still waiting for tracking number...

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Exactly what he said. I just wasted few days because I didn't read their confirmation email, so it took me a moment to complete this process. Still waiting for tracking number...
Haven't gotten mine tracking either Rob, but they state it could be up to 10 days to ship. As long as I am in the Q I am ok with that.

21 - 40 of 97 Posts