Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found out a bit ago that Palmetto State had Italian Garands for sale/

Missed out on a regular M1, so opted for an M1D with scope and bracket in the transit case.

Yhey also have some at a lower cost, but no scope or bracket, and the bracket IIRC is specific ro the Italian rifles.

This is a bucket list rifle for me, so broke my rule of not buying anything new.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts

Missed out on a regular M1, so opted for an M1D with scope and bracket in the transit case.

Yhey also have some at a lower cost, but no scope or bracket, and the bracket IIRC is specific ro the Italian rifles.

This is a bucket list rifle for me, so broke my rule of not buying anything new.
Thank you for heads up. Tempting for sure. I had no idea PSA is into the surplus... :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Hal, just snagged one to go with my other M1's

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Description is an “original rifle“...while an interesting collectible yes, but converted to a new caliber with a mismatched scope. Is it “original”?

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Description is an “original rifle“...while an interesting collectible yes, but converted to a new caliber with a mismatched scope. Is it “original”?
From my understanding Italy converted these to 7.62x51 NATO because of the NATO...as for mismatched scopes, man, you will have a heart attack if you will see how we move scopes around inside the sniper section... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
From my understanding Italy converted these to 7.62x51 NATO because of the NATO...as for mismatched scopes, man, you will have a heart attack if you will see how we move scopes around inside the sniper section... :ROFLMAO:
I understand why the conversation..we did “Navy” Garands in 7.62 NATO.
I guess they are considered an “original“ USGI collectible.

·
Premium Member
10,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I understand why the conversation..we did “Navy” Garands in 7.62 NATO.
I guess they are considered an “original“ USGI collectible.
The navy Garands had the standard length barrel, these have the Tipo-2 barrel which is about 1/2 inch shorter.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Accuracy wise, you can expect from those guys? Anyone has feedback on those? I only have 30-06 model.

·
Super Moderator
7,544 Posts
Still in stock? They must have a bunch of them.
I was told by a reliable source that there where originaly going to be about 150 total imported, and a couple of them popped up late last year on gun auction sites.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
I am not sure about the number imported, nor their accuracy. They were supposed to be more accurate Garands and for match rifles.

Give me a 06 any day over them. Of course you can shoot of crap piece of of poot into a pile crap..

The debate of accuracy of the 308, vs vs the 06 will wage on IMO. The 06 has advantages IMO.

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
Ron, as I said, I prefer the 06. They won the war.

These Navy rifles are do do IMO. Yes, they won some matches trying to beat the 06/ Shoot an 06. Use some m72with these like the match refiles with an M81m m-82 M84 slucks IMO) The theory was that the 308 ws sir[eropr acciracu

A friend had one for several years at a gun show, cmp gun. He could not give it away. There were issues with chamber stuff and more. They were crap trying to make them308 IMO. There are 06 forevers, the rest was crap IMO

The best M1ccs were USMC with KM IMO. The rest were very iffy. Try an M81,82,etc. The best will be the kM IMO/

1 - 20 of 90 Posts