Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I won this over a month back and just now got it. Brazilian Steyr 1912 model. Bolt doesn't match and yes that black paint was likely over all exposed metal except the butt plate. Sadly that is too bad as the exposed parts as the stuff appears to have worked pretty well.

The markings appeat to be for the Military Police Battalion School as best I can guess.

Bore has good grooves and I will post a pic when I take it out into the light.

The markings I posted are the only ones I see though I suspect there may be more under the paint.

And I say the bolt doesn't match but it is possible the bolt is original and the serials that are visible were done in Brazil and not at the factory.

Hand Finger Reptile Thumb Scaled reptile
Brown Wood Rectangle Tints and shades Pattern
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Rim Automotive exterior

Calipers Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun
Brown Wood Tints and shades Font Wood stain
Sleeve Wood Floor Flooring Font
Brown Automotive tire Wood Beam Wall
Liquid Automotive tire Fluid Wood Wall

·
Registered
109 Posts
I won this over a month back and just now got it. Brazilian Steyr 1912 model. Bolt doesn't match and yes that black paint was likely over all exposed metal except the butt plate. Sadly that is too bad as the exposed parts as the stuff appears to have worked pretty well.

The markings appeat to be for the Military Police Battalion School as best I can guess.

Bore has good grooves and I will post a pic when I take it out into the light.

The markings I posted are the only ones I see though I suspect there may be more under the paint.

And I say the bolt doesn't match but it is possible the bolt is original and the serials that are visible were done in Brazil and not at the factory.

View attachment 3991375 View attachment 3991376 View attachment 3991377

View attachment 3991370 View attachment 3991371 View attachment 3991372 View attachment 3991373 View attachment 3991374

Wow! That is neat! I believe yours is only the 2nd one seen of a very small production run. I think the other Brazilian Steyr contract rifle found was also marked for the police so I wonder if the whole contract was for them. Any chance is there anything left to be seen of the crest or is the black paint pretty much obscuring it? Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is another member who is helping me out who has one. He does not have the paint issue.

From what I can see there is no residual crest however I plan on testing an area with citrustrip to see if that will help clean the receiver off.

Oddly I haven't found a Steyr serial but there is the Brazilian serial on the right side.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
congratulations, an extreme rare sample! Only 2050 were made by Steyr. What i remember from a previous post:
  • serial # started with letter 'A'
  • Steyr used the letter 'K' for inspection of parts (as visible on your crossbolt)
Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts