Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a "brass buffer" for the Galil? Noticed that all the brass from one seems to have a large dent in it. I have one on my HK-91 that works good but haven't seen one for a Galil.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,098 Posts
Valmet made one for their M62 & M76 series rifles. I have on on my M62S that works great. I bought some years ago but sold them out long ago. I'm surprised that someone hasn't made one as the AK type rifles ding up the brass.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gunner, You have any pics of it? Might be able to cobble one up if I had an idea what it looked like.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,098 Posts
Valmet M62S Brass Buffer

Capt Zorro,

Here's some pics of the ejection port buffer. If you need anything else please let me know.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Gunner. How does it attach to the rifle? Hard to tell in the pics, does it have a spring loaded tab that slides into the rear of the ejection port?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Recoil Buffer

Robert at RTG Guns currently has these listed in the accessories area of his website. Kinda dear though at $45+.

Jerry

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,098 Posts
Capt Zorro,

The sheet metal is folded over and slips on. It's a tight fit and has never come loose in use. I did get a chance to look at an Action Arms imported .223 caliber Galil yesterday at a local shop. It doesn't appear that the Valmet buffer would clear the modified bolt handle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts