Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm always looking for nice examples of boxed ammo and here are some of my examples of ammo for 6.5mm and 7.7mm rifles and light machine guns. I only have the tops for a couple of the 6.5mm boxes. Wish they were complete as they are scarce ones! It looks to me that the pink circle (for ball ammo) was only used for a short period of time if you look at the dates on those that have them.
The 7.7mm box on the right of the 4th photo is 7.7 steel cased rifle ammo. Also, the 3rd & 4th box in that photo have no bottom markings.
If y'all have any that are different than these you must sell them to me as soon as possible! ;)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Don't you think you should crack 'em open to check for hidden corrosion? :rolleyes: :D
Nice group Dawgs!

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't you think you should crack 'em open to check for hidden corrosion? :rolleyes: :D
Nice group Dawgs!
Nope - but Victor probably would! ;)

·
Registered
7,974 Posts
HoW do you wrap them?. I bought one box of 7.7 it was shrink wrapped. By time it was shipped to me it cracked open. Any tips on preserving it?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HoW do you wrap them?. I bought one box of 7.7 it was shrink wrapped. By time it was shipped to me it cracked open. Any tips on preserving it?
I think the shrink wrap may stress the box if shrunk too tight. I use Saran wrap as it's really clear. It's kind of a pain to do because of the trapazoid shape but does add protection. Just make sure no tape touches the box itself. Tape is the bane of these boxes & I've seen plenty of them ruined by it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,572 Posts
Really nice boxes, good pictures too.

Can you explain the 'pick circle'?

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really nice boxes, good pictures too.

Can you explain the 'pick circle'?
Oops, I fixed that - the 'pink' circle corresponds with the color of the casemouth seal. The two 6.5mm lids with the red writing read "heat tolerance 80 degrees (C) for 60 minutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts