Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
No, but I log them in anyway just to avoid any misunderstandings with the ATF. Plus, it's nice to at least have a record of the serial number in case it's stolen.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
You don't have to log them in but like Mike O said you can if you want.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,812 Posts
Make a list so that they know 'exactly' what you have. :)

·
Silver Bullet member
1,766 Posts
Why not keep two sets of books one with everything and one bound for the ATF with the stuff they want listed. My bound book lists just the name and serial number and cal and stuff all in one tight paragraph. The other "book" is on CD that has photos of each piece, stories of acusition, history, notes on markings, etc. These are things the ATF doesnt care about,but I do. It may improve future sales of the items, I hate going to an auction and finding that the RARE german mauser is a Bubba special.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Why not keep two sets of books one with everything and one bound for the ATF with the stuff they want listed.
This is exactly what I do... One set for the BATF with my C&R A&Ds all carefully logged, and another with all of my firearms' A&Ds, C&R or otherwise. At least that way I have a record of everything I own (or owned) should some catastrophe occur, but don't have to provide information that I'm not required to provide (and really don't want to provide.) Notebooks are cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts