Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle sort of just "spoke" to me. The bolt, buttplate, and barrel match. The Floorplate does not match.

The rifle just had honest wear, honest patina, and it still has cosmoline in it. The bore is cleaner than the pictures show, with some sharp rifling. The rifle strikes me as well-made, used in the field, but maintained.

For some reason I am a sucker for these types of rifles.

It came with a bayonet and scabbard.

I paid 350 dollars for it to a private seller who was probably in his late 60s. He said he bought it from the LGS many years ago, with the bayonet. We started talking Finn rifles and he said he was happy It was going to a fellow collector.

No way of telling if it was taken in the Winter War or Continuation War.
Musical instrument accessory Wood Knife Blade Cutlery

Wood Font Gas Rectangle Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rectangle Bumper Auto part

Tire Wood Musical instrument Sports equipment Gas

Wood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive tire Door

Wood Door Handle Wood stain Material property
Musical instrument Natural material Wood Material property Hardwood
Automotive lighting Astronomical object Circle Tints and shades Metal

Wood Twig Line Grass Water

·
Gold Bullet member
11,919 Posts
You got a good deal on a very nice, honest, rifle.

Congrats! 👍

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Was the stock sanded by the Finns, Bubba, or worn down through use ? The cartouches are fainter than I would think, however if the rifle was constantly rubbing against a soldier on the move I could see it being worn down.

The stock doesn't look "sanded" compared to many I have seen sanded post import.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I would have grabbed that easily for the price. Love the matching bolt and stock, wouldn't mind the replacement magazine floorplate one bit with everything else looking original to the rifle.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank you! Was the stock sanded by the Finns, Bubba, or worn down through use ? The cartouches are fainter than I would think, however if the rifle was constantly rubbing against a soldier on the move I could see it being worn down.

The stock doesn't look "sanded" compared to many I have seen sanded post import.
I have an all matching Tula 91/30 SA capture that the stock is similarly worn, looks to be heavy use with the way the blue is worn as well.

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
“No way of telling if it was taken in the Winter War or Continuation War.?
I just posted one wish I knew how to tell mix masters from mix production needs?

Reactions: Peter_Paul

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
I would have grabbed that easily for the price. Love the matching bolt and stock, wouldn't mind the replacement magazine floorplate one bit with everything else looking original to the rifle.
Fins. modify flooring mag. to keep bullets from tipping..5 round?
installed it on my rifle bought from a collector here buying extras from here on boards ….
as I was told?

Reactions: Peter_Paul

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
Fins. modify flooring mag. to keep bullets from tipping..5 round?
installed it on Rifles?
internet fluke..double posting

·
Silver Bullet member
52,306 Posts
paid $ 200 posted ..rifling unsure of nasty...stock refinished.
Finn, Russian stock Sako in wood marks cogs, straight grip hex, tikka barrel mystery 1940.
.mix master of possibilities ...
only one importance cost wise to me? if it prints 100 yards
on a paper plate, counter bored too..
,reason having this tins of ammo one rifle that's excellent 200 yards
needs shot hot,
spray kerosine in hot barrel,
scrubbing while hot, pores open...every time at range till its less nasty?
home Kroil.. mix of military bore cleaner solvents....
my bring a shine define in rifling..

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,629 Posts

The Finns had a tendency to sand or rough-up their stocks in a cross grained pattern. But I'm not sure that one was subject to any aggressive refinishing. It looks like it was just carried a lot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts