Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was bored this afternoon, so I went to a pawn shop near where I live and found an original 1928-dated CCCP Nagant for $150. Finish is 60-70 percent and no import marks. The pawn shop owner said he believed it was a bring back but was not sure from what war. He said the man who sold it was in his early 70s. What are these typically worth? I have not seen very many originals. I paid $125 for a 1939-dated refurb last year.
You just never know when you'll find something. All I planned to buy today was some beer to drink later tonight and I ended up coming home with a Nagant and a six pack of Sam Adams!

See posting below for photos

·
Silver Bullet member
12,927 Posts
throw the sam adams in the trash...... keep the nagant. :D

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sounds like a good one, easily worth what you paid. Still got the round front sight? Doesn't happen to be Finnish marked, SA in a box, does it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No SA markings. It does have the round front sight. It has a letter similiar to a "K" in an oval above the trigger guard on the right side. There is another letter that I can't make out in a circle above the right grip.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,872 Posts
Sounds like you made a very nice score. Well, worth the money you spent.

Tim

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After taking the cylinder out, I did find one strike against it. The cylinder does not match although it is a Tula cylinder. But I'm not complaining. I doubt there are that many original all-matching 1920s era Nagants out there considering most were rebuilt.

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Good pick up......nice to rescue one from the hands of a pawn shop....thanks...;-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
CCCP front sight

I'm not so familiar with M/95 details and I would like to ask you what the correct front sight is for
a CCCP- marked Nagant revolver?

Hein

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Original would be the half-moon....and later refurbishment would be the stepped version.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Very sweet! I've been looking for an orig. CCCP marked nagant. Looks like a keeper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts