Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Bubba'd Swede a while ago for my Daughter to use hunting.
The sporter job wasn't bad but I did not notice until too late that it had a cock on opening conversion done.
Upon close examination, I find that I'm not comfortable with this setup, I've got safety concerns. So, I need a new bolt body but I'm unsure which bolt I need.
If I have to, I'll remove the scope mount to check the receiver's date, but I'd rather not. Is there another way to tell which model this is? Is there a difference in bolts?
The serial is: H.K. 414844 . The part of the front ring I can read says:

CARL _________ STADE

GEV__________TORI.

And, as long as I'm here; anyone have a bolt body with extractor collar for sale???

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,978 Posts
All Swedish mauser bolts were made to the same blueprint , other than the bolt handle being straight or bent and additional vent holes being added . Due to differances in tolerances , another bolt may or may not fit properly in the receiver or headspace correctly . All bolts were hand fitted to the receivers & the chambers reamed to the correct headspace . So , there is no guarantee that any bolt you get will work in your rifle . The model number of your rifle has no bearing on the bolt other than a straight handle . The serial range given would be a M-96 made around 1917 . Ken Buch may have a bolt body ???????? See the parts section of his website :

www.kebcollc.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts