Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Range report-Bought a Savage 29B

$200.00 with 500 rds of LR ammo. Came with a Weaver N5 base, and Weaver B4 scope. Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,184 Posts
Without the numbers....
id say all info is out there already that you would need...
paying $50? bucks for info....
would be net disappointing results.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So, going to get a factory letter for it?
There is little factory information after the early 1930's, complete surviving records end about 1933, so lettering any 22 after 1933 would probably not get much information, if any.

Savage started stamping a date code on the barrel just ahead of the receiver in 1949, there will be a number & a letter in a small circle - the letter is the date code starting with A in 1949 and skipping O & Q. The 29B pictured has a forearm that was only used about one year, all I have seen are "D" code = 1952 and I have also seen examples dated 1952 with a type forearm that was used on all later guns so the change appears to have been made in 1952.

·
Registered
11,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mauser9. It belonged to my Father in Law. He bought it when he returned from Korea. I'd love to find out if he still has the original receipt.
He could have sold it for a lot more, so I didn't feel bad giving him $200.00...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.