Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old guy got nailed with the "harrassing-a-domestic-partner" charge during a nasty divorce, and thus had to put up his collection and his ammo stash.

Local shop cut me a break 'cause most of the ammo on top was '42 and '43 LC, RP, EW, and WC marked, and we figured corrosive.

HOWEVER, there's also '53 and '54 LC, KA-73, and a buncha other stuff. And it turned out there was about a hundred clips of this mixed ammo in the bin. Since the shop really only wanted the PS noncorrosive boxes the guy had, and was already trying to sell the Mystery Mix for a reasonable discount, I asked for and got a bulk price and walked off with all of it for $275. There's even some grenade blanks, black-tip, "salted" SP/FMJ mix clips, and reeealy old hunting ammo in enblocks in there.

Is there a good comprehensive headstamp guide anywhere for sorting origin, maker, and corrosive/noncorrosive?

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That jouster article is supremely useful, but I thought all WW2 M-2 ball was corrosive? The top listing of arsenals like FA and RA seems to suggest that wartime Remington and Fulton Armory ammo is noncorrosive, but I'd always heard it was...

At least it confirms what I thought about all the '53 and '54 headstamped stuff being surely noncorrosive. Most of the ammo's Korean era US production anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts