Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
performed well at the range today. Shot that group in the center with Yugo surplus, seemed to like that, no surprise there. The fliers with some hand loads i did, had knocked a bottle of hoppes into a box of primers thought i had thrown them all out but i think i got a few in my batch, a lot of CLICK..........Bang. Going to bring it back to the range tomorrow afternoon with some more surplus and try it again. The bore is rough and pitted but the muzzle is tight. I can rule out the bore for the fliers though because it shot that nice group in the center, if it was the bore they would all the all over the place. Range was 100 meters.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rifle came with the bases, the scope and rings were acquired separately. I tried a standard k98 bolt and it clears no problem, this bolt appears to have been a vz24 bolt that was cut and rewelded since it was originally straight. Definitely has had a trigger job done, its real smooth and crisp.

I like your rifle by the way, saw it a while back when you posted it and have been envious of your stock ever since. I dont think that your rifle used zrak rings and bases, looks like the holes in the receiver ring for the front base are too close together. may have been some other mount or commercial mount. fantastic looking rifle though, love it.

Nice, did you find the whole gun set up like that or just the mounts? Looks like the bolt handle was lowered. Was there a trigger job done on it?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The rifle came with the bases, the scope and rings were acquired separately. I tried a standard k98 bolt and it clears no problem, this bolt appears to have been a vz24 bolt that was cut and rewelded since it was originally straight. Definitely has had a trigger job done, its real smooth and crisp.

I like your rifle by the way, saw it a while back when you posted it and have been envious of your stock ever since. I dont think that your rifle used zrak rings and bases, looks like the holes in the receiver ring for the front base are too close together. may have been some other mount or commercial mount. fantastic looking rifle though, love it.
Thank you for the compliments, even on the internet I'm embarrassed!

By the way do you know the precise distance between your mounting holes? Or maybe can measure the distances between the middles of the screws, without taking off the bases?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the front base, from the center of the holes its 22mm on the rear base its 12mm

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,531 Posts
That is nice scope, I just get scared by looking at one.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a problem, I cant say for sure but i think that might be spacing for standard weaver mounts.

Thanks, from the middle of my holes it's 15mm front and 11mm rear, 10mm and 6mm measured from insides of holes, and 19mm and 15mm from outsides.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Great looking rifle! That makes me wonder if my Yugo captured k98k was used in the Yugo/Bosnian Wars
If you show good pics we could tell. A large amount of rifles from Croatia/Bosnia/Serbia have stock-carvings/writing and stickers on them, so any of that and yours was used somewhere. Bosnian rifles usually have a fleur-de-lis or Muslim-themed stuff. A small amount of Bosnian field-expedient snipers were imported, most with the optics/rings/mounts removed.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I was looking online and came across this one for sale.

http://floridaguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=226179

Is it legit?
Could be. Faking a sniper can be easy though. I think someone on this board had some dealings with that guy?

Either way I think the rifle's way over-valued. I sort-of overpaid for mine at $432 on gunbroker and shipping/FFL on top of that; but I just had to have it. I put my max bid around $700 I wanted it so bad.

·
Silver Bullet member
7,961 Posts
What I heard from folks who got their ex sniper from century was Zero..as in none came in with scopes..That bluing looks like it was near new and hasnt seen a bit of duty..Not to mention Zero as in none were bringbacks from Clintons war..Absolutely not allowed..Far more likely it simply missed getting the import mark..I have several Yugo refurbs that missed getting one

EDIT:...Wanted to be clear I was not commenting on the OP's rifle but the for sale one linked a couple posts above

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I don't know but, could the receiver's material integrity be compromised by having been welded like that? Same thing for the bolt. Do you have any sure idea it was properly done to be safe?

·
Registered
743 Posts
I made the mistake of buying that rifle a few months ago but for no where near what he is asking for it now. He advertised the rifle as all matching and when i got it the only numbers that matched were bolt and receiver everything else was miss matched. I got lucky and he took it back for a full refund. To me the rifle appeared to be an assembled from parts and not a bring back. he had a real nice story about how he got the rifle but it was just a story. after seeing the rifle in person i would say it is only worth $700-800 max. to me there is not collector value there.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's only the rear receiver bridge so any issues with integrity is pretty much irrelevant as the rear of the receiver doesn't receive any force when firing. Also judging by the bore condition this rifle has likely had countless thousands of rounds through it in addition to the 400 I have now put through it. I don't perceive any issues.

I don't know but, could the receiver's material integrity be compromised by having been welded like that? Same thing for the bolt. Do you have any sure idea it was properly done to be safe?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It's only the rear receiver bridge so any issues with integrity is pretty much irrelevant as the rear of the receiver doesn't receive any force when firing. Also judging by the bore condition this rifle has likely had countless thousands of rounds through it in addition to the 400 I have now put through it. I don't perceive any issues.
Good point and true. I should have seen that. Thanks for clearing it up for me though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts