Gunboards Forums banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
The anti gun folks should hand out free bore snakes !......wouldnt be half as many guns .
I wouldn't get one close to one of my guns. At least with a rod if you start to feel the brush/patch it is too snug you can pull it back out.

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
Why do you need a "T" Handle?
Because you can't push out a pull through with another pull through!
:sorry:

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
The head gunsmith at the shop had a theory....the more newspaper a gun was wrapped in ,the worse to whoopsy that had happened.......Guy brought in SMLE one day ,well wrapped ,dumped it on the counter "Rejector is busted ,wont toss the shell out.....anyway ,unwrapped ,it was actually the bolthead was blown off ,the bolt split ,and reciever cracked at the locking lugs.....I says yeah,we can fix it for $20.....OK ,took it out the back ,threw it into the bin and pulled a SMLE out of the rack,$20.......He says "No I want you to fix my gun ,its special.".............I says "how did it happen".....Shot out a stuck pullthru.......Anyway ,he took the new gun ,opened the butt trap"Wheres the pullthru---Ill be needing one "....So I gave him one --free.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The anti gun folks should hand out free bore snakes !......wouldnt be half as many guns .
Parts house I worked for at one time gave a free can of starting fluid with a $25 or more purchase. Brought in a lot of work for the machine shop.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
210 Posts
You guys are so funny. I was reading this and was like oh shietz, been there.... dont remember how it worked out then saw a link to a thread I posted... about exactly this and IT all came back to me.... (those pills were really really strong). Hindsight being what it is I still have a few bore snakes, I dont use them except once in a very blue moon (never), I bought an Otis and it was O Tis K, but dont like it either. Never liked cleaning guns so I stopped cleaning them all together. Occasionally I'll used some Ballistol foam and compressed air.

Very creative suggestions and follow up comments. Hope OP did not cap a round into that one, if so it might have to be reworked into an M44

my old post.. was the last CnR I bought before it expired

https://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?392517-A-F-n-stuck-bore-snake-How-to-remove

101 - 108 of 108 Posts