Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Have a basic, re-man'd/side-plate 08/15.

Given this - is there anything that can be done with the gun to make it more - I dunno - different?
Maybe a caliber conversion to 7.62x39?
Maybe cobble together a "FrankenRPD 08/15" or a "FrankenMadsen 08/15"?

I mean STEN tubers can be re-built as Lanchesters, Sterlings, other STEN variants, maybe Stemple-ated into something else tube-based... so is an 08/15 good for anything clever?

Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am not a huge fan of your idea but...

You can convert to 7.62x54r.
Convert to spade grips.
An interesting conversion would be a 30-06 conversion in the spirt of the American conversion trails post WWI as documented in The Devils Paintbrush

The problem is that the sideplate is not close enough to any other Maxim for a conversion. If you had a MG08 plate, then there are lots of different guns to convert it too. These are classic guns, better to just make a nice original version if you can. Or sell it to me cheap. :)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
7.62X39 would be fun to try, and probably has barely enough energy to function the action, but there might be ways. WAY too much modificatiion of too may parts to make it work IMO.
A 7.92 Maxim 08/15 feedblock can be altered to use 30-06 but at $400 and up for a feedblock why would you destroy one? And why 30-06? Expensive round these days. If you want .30 go to .308, OR, drum roll, 7.62 (note: .30) X54R. Spend the money on some 1910 Maxim 7.62X54R parts and send them to me and I'll convert them to fit the 08/15 for you. Cheap belts, cheap loaders, cheap ammo, spare barrels, etc, etc. What could be better. Different just to be different rarely is.

Bob Naess,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.