Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone... is there a bodeo book in English ... if not would there be enough interest in the revolver to write one? I'm down to one job now and if this niche hasn't been filled I would love to research and write one ...
I'm a non practicing archaeologist by education and my brother and I are both published so we know the ropes ... just curious on thoughts

·
Gold Bullet member
10,892 Posts
I’m not aware of an English language book but it’s not something I actively searched for. I am always interested in well researched, written, and illustrated books printed on quality paper. Books intended for advanced and serious collectors. I would rather pay $100 to $150 for such a reference work than half or one third of that price range for an introductory or beginners book on any subject.

Good luck with your project.p!

PS: Seek out Ian McCollum. His new publishing company may be interested in working with you.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hello everyone... is there a bodeo book in English ... if not would there be enough interest in the revolver to write one? I'm down to one job now and if this niche hasn't been filled I would love to research and write one ...
I'm a non practicing archaeologist by education and my brother and I are both published so we know the ropes ... just curious on thoughts
Not in English but only in Italian, but a book about the Bodeo exists: "Bodeo 1889, il revolver degli italiani" by R. Pettinelli.
It's very well written with many pictures and its' worth every cents.
Perhaps you can be interested on translating it.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
There is Luciano Salvatici, la '89 from Jan. 1988 magazine/revista Diana Armi about the Bodeo revolver, 68 pages and lots of black and white photos and line drawings. Italian language. PM me if interested.

I'm a fan of all Abadie-type revolvers, although I've never gotten any for the "collection" since it is not my focus... At least yet!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts