Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Diamond Member
4,321 Posts
Nick,
You would definitely be the man to do the English translation, you know the terms in both languages. You should get with the author & see if he has any interest.

· Diamond Member
4,321 Posts
Gentlemen,

I have two spare copies of this unique monograph, which is extremely well illustrated and easy to understand even without knowing the language. Please, contact me if you are interested in one.
Nick, I've been waiting for those who collect uniforms to claim them, but I'll take one of these, if they're still there.
And, can I highjack your thread for a moment? You also, as I recall, have the Bulgarian & Hungarian hand grenade book, which I still need to get. I recently picked up this grenade, which the seller identified as Hungarian, but it looks like the Bulgarian models I've seen. With the handle reading 5 1/2 C rather than 5 1/2 S, I thought it may be Bulgarian. can you ID it, and the time frame for it? thanks.

John

· Diamond Member
4,321 Posts
Thanks, Nick, for that & the book. So now the grenade goes in my Bulgarian WWII collection. I need to get off my duff and order that book.

John

· Diamond Member
4,321 Posts
Nick, the book came is Saturday's mail. I have only inferred one word of Bulgarian so far, what looks like KACKA is helmet, pronounced similar to casca, I presume. I envy people who can function in more than one language, I'm pretty well stuck in this one.

I do have a question. These large and presumably brightly colored chevrons on the sleeve; are they rank, or service hashes?

John

Attachments

· Diamond Member
4,321 Posts
Thanks, Nick. Those are some bright chevrons. I'm sure old soldiers like this Feldwebel learned how to make them less visible when they were in the field. Interesting book!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.